Tutu State of the Modding Union

berelinde

Except that I would argue these recommendations trump ReadMe until proven otherwise - a number of these mods have not been updated (some even still call for the install to be in the BG2 folder instead of the Tutu folder) - that's why we need Andyr to give his say-so. What is probably happening now is that everything works great from a player standpoint, but if Andyr put it in as a warning then he is aware of what is being lost from his mod and overwritted by AoE.

I tried the game, but it did show the intro movie, although I am certain I installed the mod for turning them of/getting rid of them. If someone would be so kind as to set me straight on what mod is supposed to do this, kindly write so :p
The Mix-Mod component: 8. Turn off Startup Movies for IWD1/2 BG2/Tutu PST

This particular component did not work when I tested it (I believe the other ones do). Not sure if the author is still maintaining the mod (the last post in his forum was last April, and he hasn't responded to that). I may have seen him around the Bioware forums so I'll try scouting him out.

Just noticed right now, when I installed the Bone Hill Mod: After the Dialog says it is unpacking the Bone Hill files: The dialog window/DOS Window shows many lines of "System can not find specified file". Should I be worried about this? Could it be related to me not having installed the Worldmap yet?
(I copied these questions from your BG1NPC post since I don't think it is related to that mod.) I don't remember seeing those particular errors. You might want to report it on the SoBH forum. I reported some other errors in that thread. I don't think it's related to the Worldmap, since Bonehill's readme says WM should be installed after SoBH.
You mention installing Ashes of Embers after Song and Silence, but the S&S readme says this: 'The mod is fully compatible with the changes made in the Ashes of Embers Universal Weapons component, provided Song and Silence is installed after it.'
The reason we have item/store mods listed first is that CamDawg recommended that some time back. I forget why exactly he recommended it. I don't think installation order matters too much for the ones we have listed for Tutu, except as noted. But Ashes of Embers is also an item mod (I checked the code and it changes nearly every item in the game) so I would recommend maybe changing it to first in the Item mod section.
Hi! Why I can't fill my info in profile? Can somebody help me? My login is Kisakookoo!
You might have to enable cookies in your browser, or wait to get validated. If that doesn't happen, someone will have to bring it to CamDawg's attention.

The reason AoE should be installed before S&S (if I remember a previous conversation with Andyr correctly) is that S&S won't use AoE's weapon restrictions unless AoE is installed first.

So S&S checks for AoE and updates its items accordingly if it detects it. Obviously, if you install AoE after S&S, you'll have an inconsistency between S&S items and all the other weapons in the game.

This makes me wonder if AoE should definately be installed early (like Miloch says) so that any mods that add items can check for AoE and update their items accordingly (provided the mod author has integrated AoE compatibility).

Edit: Just to address cmorgan's concern, in addition to what I said above, I'm pretty sure that AoE doesn't overwrite anything from S&S. I believe that making the S&S items use the AoE standard (provided AoE is installed) is the only reason for the install order recommendation.

Ooh, I wonder if there's some way to force items from a mod to be changed to the AoE standard (using the Chart of Weapon Stat Requirements - http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/topic,19.0.html) if AoE is already installed.

I don't think AoE is being maintained any longer, so this would have to be a sort of unofficial update. I wonder if one of our elite modders (maybe that nice lady who lost her pills?) could say whether such a thing is possible.

I have seen posts from the author of the mod within the last 6 months. He has promised a new version of AoE. He hasn't delivered, but that isn't terribly surprising. I think we need to wait a little longer before declaring it abandoned.

So is that going to be like an AoE mk2 (Bursk is a bit twp)?
It was originally intended to be like AoE only not go quite as far - so you have the option of, say, allowing cleric-fighters to use fighter weapons and so on. AoE still has some components (kits and such) that this wouldn't replace.
So is that going to be like an AoE mk2 (Bursk is a bit twp)?
It was originally intended to be like AoE only not go quite as far - so you have the option of, say, allowing cleric-fighters to use fighter weapons and so on. AoE still has some components (kits and such) that this wouldn't replace.

Sure it does, grumpy green dude, but the issue with mod items e.g. those in S&S, needing to have AoE compatibility would be a non-issue (right?) with SuperBitch's new mod. Eh?

Sure it does, grumpy green dude, but the issue with mod items e.g. those in S&S, needing to have AoE compatibility would be a non-issue (right?) with SuperBitch's new mod. Eh?
I think it would be a non-issue, as long as Super... uh... Nythrun's mod was installed after S&S and other such mods. I should mention this was NiGHTMARE's code originally and Nythrun expanded on it (I had to go back and look at it). :p
Regardless of the proficiency codes in place, items are still going to need to be modified to remove "cannot be used by" flags. AoE isn't going to go away that quickly.
Well, it's not going to go away if you want the other content in it (usually why I install it - I think the weapon changes in it are too powerful). But you wouldn't install it with this code I don't think. It does pretty much the same thing, just has options for each subclass and does it by regexp. So if, for example, you wanted to make all items available to thieves (including those in S&S) available to cleric-thieves, Nythrun's code should be the ticket.
<--- Twp, like I said.
Sorry, I don't speak leet or whatever. :p:D

@Downs Duck - not sure what your answer was on the BG1 NPC thread, but I'd leave it open anyway, in case you notice any more Imoen funniness (something that seems to keep cropping up :p). And it looks like erebusant answered your question on SHS. Incidentally, I've received his Worldmap 6.5 prototype so I'll be testing it with SoBH and will have another report in the next couple days.

Also, I noticed you'd installed most of Oversight in one of your original WeiDU logs. I checked the original post about this to see which components are ok, and it looks like we missed a few. So (@cmorgan I guess) we should add to the list:

- Altered Spells

- Cleric Kits (just the alignment changes for kit priests)

I think Holy Liberator is already there. The other components would have no effect in Tutu. I checked the Divine Remix readme to make sure these are compatible and the answer is yes basically (DR should go in after Oversight, as is currently the case).

Archived