Wondering about adding some abilities to the shapeshifter.

Loké

It looks like there are spell effects on that innate (SPIN891) that also cure horror and fear on the party with no saving throw or resistance. So if you gutted those out, you probably want to add them back in. ???

Edit: And there are a bunch of other effects that protect the party from horror and morale break, which seems a bit redundant but maybe it's just being thorough.

It looks like there are spell effects on that innate (SPIN891) that also cure horror and fear on the party with no saving throw or resistance. So if you gutted those out, you probably want to add them back in. ???

Edit: And there are a bunch of other effects that protect the party from horror and morale break, which seems a bit redundant but maybe it's just being thorough.

Eh, problem is the dog does the howl, and the howl gives prot. from evil, makes evil creatures have to save or panic, and makes party memebers immune to morale.

But your party members are still panicking, right? You might need the other effects I mentioned too (cure/prot. from horror/fear). I assume there was some reason they had them to begin with, aside from redundancy (though possibly not but it's worth a try anyway).

Well the problem is, if I make the howl remove fear, it could be used to rally the party after an enemy casts horror.

If I just do the immunty to fear thing, like the moon dog figurine's howl, then that's going to make it REALLY powerful. To be honest, I think at this rate I'm going to scrap the idea. I can't seem to make it work, lol

Actually, that's what I've been using. I think I'm going to dissassemble Horror next, see what makes that tick. Thing is, I don't want to have to 'aim' the damned thing like Horror, I want it to just be used. Still, back to the lab....

edit: Ah, progress! I've got it working on targets but enemy, thanks to 'borrowing' components from Horror. Annoying thing is, it's using some of Horror's visual effects, so I'm editing a custom copy of the .pro (original was SPARBLNP.PRO(169) ) that's removing the visual effects. Thing is, I noticed this in the .pro; 'Radius=256'. Is that what I think it is, the area of effect for the howl? And if so, what's the value for the player's line of sight?

Also, I'm having trouble picking between the howls now. Can't decide between the werewolf one, the vampric wolf one or the warg one. ???

Another thing I'm looking at for the greater werewolf version of the howl, is having targets do another save at -2 or suffer from 10% chance of spell failure and -2 to THACO or damage. Suggestions? I'm even wondering about having it as a seperate ability.

Thirdly, I'm wondering about the limits for this whole howl thing. Right now it's set to once a day, but I'm thinking more along the lines of unlimited times while shifted. Once again, suggestions?

Edit yet again: Right, apparently the .pro thing doesn't work. Oh well, unless I find a default noe with what I'm looking for (fat chance) odds are I'm going to be stuck with the glitter effects. Eh well. Not that this will matter at this rate-been looking at the Weidu tutorials and I'm not even beginning to understand how to install dialog and have the damned spell find and use the string reference for it.

Set the target in the extended header to self to skip the aiming and the traveling animation of the projectile; leave the effects as target type preset.

If I've understood you correctly, it's already set to be that.... I think I'm going to can this howl thing. Partially because I can't get it to work (I know, I'm a wuss) but mainly because the more I think about it, the more I feel it's going to make the thing *really* powerful. I mean, I'm able to go straight from chatuea ireneicus to copper cornett and happily clear the place pretty much solo with it right now.

As for Tutu-well. Barring the odd trap and boss, you're literally unstoppable in werewolf form.

Then keep it at once per day - unlimited use is rather overpowered I'd say. ???

Then when you've finished the uberhowl, you can start seeding silver bullets and daggers randomly throughout the game, to give your unstoppable wolf some kind of challenge... :(

(punches air) Yus! I know I said I'd given up on it, but my pride wouldn't let it go without getting it to work. And it does now, at last. An interesting thing I've noticed though.... ...there doesn't appear to be a cooldown for the howl. That is to say, unlike the actual shapshifte or any other spell, there's no pause after. I've tested it and you can literally fire the howl off repeatedly without pause, as if it has improved alacrity. Not entirely sure what's doing this. Presumable it's the protectile effect I set it to. (INAREANP.PRO(159)). Funny thing was, if my memory serves this is the same one the moon dog howl used... yet before it affected party-members too. It doesn't appear to now-no fear effect and no save vs spell in the log either. Works against the enemies though.

Another interesting problem is that if you shift into werewolf form multiple times (I'm yet to do a howl for the greater form) you get to do more howling. Still, that takes time and you use up shifts, so I'm not especially bothered. You lose them all when you go back to natural form/die anyway.

Oh well. Now I need to figure out how to heck to work weidu now. And if I'm actually going to include it, now I've got it working. (I probably will, but meh. ??? )

Archived