Beating BG solo in 1/2 hour

Miloch

There's also BG2 and IWD1 in one hour, and BG1 in one hour without saving and/or reloading.

Maybe somebody should do a PST speedrun (I'd try, but on Linux the gameplay is a little too choppy and I'd lose a lot of time due the game hanging). My guess would be that, given the limited amount of fights that you have to do (one Zombie in the Mortuary, the rats in the Dead Nations, Ravel, the Curst guard, and Trias) it'd be quite easier than with most other games. On the other hand, you'll have to remember the whole ideal path in Ravel's dialogue, or you lose two hours in that chit-chat alone :p

The speedruns have potential. Got me wondering, this would be a good technique to use if playing a megainstall, you need to get to BG2 quickly, or to the start of a newly-installed mod quickly, but don't want to play every bit of game content.

Better than CLUA'ing around, 'cause you'll trigger all the normal variables.

Gonna read runs of TotSC and BG2 next...

You know, I actually thought you had to kill all the kobolds to get xp for the Nashkel mines. Guess not. It seems that as long as you do the big boss fights (and steal the wand of lightning from the Tavenhurst Manor), you're all set.

And don't sleep, ever. And apply every bottle of oil of speed in the game, read every haste scroll, and don the boots of speed.

Blech. :p

I think I'll stick to my way. It takes about 30 times as long, but at least I've actually beaten the game.

Thing is, the less linear the game, the faster you can beat it. BG1's a touch more linear than BG2, I think, but there's still a hell of a lot of side-quests you can avoid in BG1 if you don't want to do them.

What I wonder is how they manage to beat the end bosses with so little XP gained... I thought that they scaled depending on what level you were when you arrived, but not that low. :p

Thing is, the less linear the game, the faster you can beat it. BG1's a touch more linear than BG2, I think, but there's still a hell of a lot of side-quests you can avoid in BG1 if you don't want to do them.

What I wonder is how they manage to beat the end bosses with so little XP gained... I thought that they scaled depending on what level you were when you arrived, but not that low. :p

I saw him drinking potions like an alcoholic in the last fight.

Archived