Amber and multiromance

Guest Morken

Im playing with the "ease of use, multiromance" options.

So far, my experience with Amber has been flawless excepting that at times, she has stuttered in her movements (she stops before her move is completed).

In my experiences with NPC mods, the mod makers sometimes try to defeat the ease of use multiromance option, causing problems if you try to multiromance.

In my current game, Ive also got Kiara-Ziara 1.4 and have initiated romance with both Amber and Kiara.

Despite the "ease of use : can say anything without ending a romance" option, by my odd answers to both Amber and Kiara, I think I may have ended the romance with both. Once again, I know mod makers sometimes try to defeat the ease of use mod.

With Kiara, I answered something like "I envision you as a love slave", or words to that effect and Im quite sure the romance has ended with her despite the ease of use...

*** The question ***

What are the values I must ensure (using shadowkeeper) to know Amber is still romancing my PC (yes he had the required race, alignment, stats to start the game)?

And if you know the answer for the Kiara romance also? (the mod is unsupported now)

As far as I know the ease of use's multiromance script affects only the Bioware romances. The reason it sometimes causes stutter or lag in modded NPC is because the multiromance script keeps changing the bioware NPC romances active and the mod NPC's script changes them right back to inactive. Then you've got a script loop there. I've tried to protect Amber from such loop by having the script count the times the bioware romances are switched to inactive. When the count is high enough the Amber's romance is terminated.

That said if you were not romancing bio NPCs the multiromance script shouldn't have any affect in your game. Amber does not touch Kiara's variables, but is scripted to end her own romance if Kiara's gets too serious.

As fo your question, you can check M#AmberRomanceActive GLOBAL variable. It works just like Bioware's RomanceActive variables.

And if you know the answer for the Kiara romance also? (the mod is unsupported now)

I don't think that Kiara's romance takes any account on Amber's. But that's about all I can say, I haven't ever played the mod myself. However, you might go to teambg.eu and ask if Seifer is willing to help you.

Kiara doesn't check for Amber, it was out first so it don't know about it.

there is a newer version of Kiara. V1.6

http://www.final-exodus.net/Mod/

It's been a while since I looked at her dialogs, but I believe that was a killer for her.

Seifer disabled his board for now because he couldn't keep with the spam bots.

best idea if you want to romance both Amber and Kiara, start a multiplayer game.

best idea if you want to romance both Amber and Kiara, start a multiplayer game.

That's true. :p

[advertisement]

Amber can romance player 2 in a multiplayer game. All dialogue is customised for the non-bhaalspwn romance interest. The bodhinapping is the only thing you'll miss. If you don't want to actually play the multiplayer game you can copy the mp save to the singleplayer savegame folder.[/advertisement]

" I've tried to protect Amber from such loop by having the script count the times the bioware romances are switched to inactive. When the count is high enough the Amber's romance is terminated."

- You mean to active

TM#AmberRomanceActive = 1, strange, Amber used to do those flirts she has but hasnt done so for weeks in my game, why not?

If it =1, then it hasn't terminated for any reason right?

What is the cheat command to check if a romance is working? From memory, if you press control-I it will scroll thru the speech and you can check for the romance dialogues am I correct?

Thanks for the Imput and update on K-Z.

BTW I never play multiplayer as you suggest because it takes a LONG time to play BG2 and I need 5 slots for mod NPCs.

I once suggested a ghost mod where you can kill off Mod NPCs and they still follow around, thinking they are alive, swinging away at monsters impotently, talking... but no one on the mystra forum took that seriously.

About the romance active global variable:

Would a value of 3 generally mean the romance has progressed?

Or would it more likely indicate it has gone stale?

My Kiararomance active=3, I dunno whether to alter it.

If I keep altering the variables, I could, in effect, defeat the system and romance both Amber and K ?

Kiara romance active =3 is over, she's not interested in you, if you change it back to a 1 she will start talking (flirting/attempting to romance) again,(until you say something wrong ??? ) if Amber is already at 2 it will change it back to a 3, once either one goes to a 2, the other will goto a 3, no way around it.

If you keep altering the variables they will keep getting reset you will not be able to romance both, if you muck with them enough you may get some strange results that you don't want.

It's probaly counting the inactive's if you have the multi-romance patch (which ONLY affects the bioware NPC's) everytime Amber sets the RA to a 3 the MR patch sets it back to a 1 or 2, after setting a set number of times it 'gives up' and sets Amber to a 3.

I believe that the Ctrl-I would go through the non-romance dialogs, not the romance dialogs, but as always I may be wrong.

RA=1 is flirting or getting to know you/them

RA=2 is a serious or exclusive relationship

RA=3 is over or not interested.

" I've tried to protect Amber from such loop by having the script count the times the bioware romances are switched to inactive. When the count is high enough the Amber's romance is terminated."

- You mean to active

No, I mean inactive. ??? Amber's script counts the times Amber's script turns bio-romances inactive. However, the multiromance script doesn't do anything if you have only mod NPCs in your party.

TM#AmberRomanceActive = 1, strange, Amber used to do those flirts she has but hasnt done so for weeks in my game, why not?

If it =1, then it hasn't terminated for any reason right?

1 means that the romance is in early stages and everything is well. Amber initiated flirts are not repeated, so it's possible that you've run out either light or medium Amber initiated flirts, depending how far you are. That can happen when there's a talk with special conditions coming up and you haven't yet met those conditions.

If you click talk Amber and choose the 'How are you doing, Amber?' - option she should give you a hint what to do, if there's special conditions the need to be met.

Underdog pretty much answered your other questions. If you have more questions or something is still unclear, please feel free to ask. :(

The mod isn't unsupported, just not top of my priorities right now.

I didn't know there was a potential problem. I'll have a look at the code as soon as I can and will see what I can do.

Meira, do you mind if I take a look at the source code of your mod when I'm looking to work out a solution?

Seif

"if you want to romance both Amber and Kiara, start a multiplayer game"

NOOOOOOOO!

By occasionally shadowkeeping the romanceactive=2, and kicking reputation below 19, both have stayed and both the romances get airtime.

I... WIN...!

I declare a victory over the evil modders and their difficult schemes.

Long live the spirit of ease of use!

When will the public learn that unwashed wandering demigod house-looter killers and monagamy just don't mix!

Sheena is a pain as well, requires Mazzy to get her hormones going... is that a dumb condition or what? Nevermind, I'll SK her to status 2 soon enough as well.

Amber actually has a lot of checks in her scripts that keep bumping her to romanceactive 3 if another is on 2 or you messed up somewhere else.

Easy way is usually to edit the scripts and recompile them.

Amber actually has a lot of checks in her scripts that keep bumping her to romanceactive 3 if another is on 2

Yes I know, but as long as you let some time pass between editing, the next talk will happen as soon as you log on.

Archived