Bug: Neutral Viconia

While reading list of fixes I noticed removing Unholy spells from Anomen when he becomes lawful good. Similar situation emerges with Viconia, who can become true neutral in ToB.

Different point of view: Priest spells are provided by deities (Anomen follows LN_Helm and Viconia is a follower of NE_Shar) so probably we should keep those spellbooks intact as deity does not change. On the other hand D&D rules talk about character alignment not god's one so this is just comment to think about.

I granted Viconia Holy Smite and Holy Word spells. [d_prspn.spl]

ACTION_IF (GAME_IS ~tob~) THEN
BEGIN
 COPY ~bg2fixpack/spl/d_prspn.spl~ ~override~
 COPY_EXISTING ~bvicon25.dlg~ ~override~
DECOMPILE_DLG_TO_D
REPLACE_TEXTUALLY
  ~ChangeAlignment("Viconia",NEUTRAL)~
  ~ChangeAlignment("Viconia",NEUTRAL)
   ReallyForceSpellRES("D_PRSPN",Myself)~
COMPILE_D_TO_DLG
END

Note 1: I was trying to fix these spells for charname as well, however there are more complications which must be resolved. Can Player1 change aligment smowhere else than in Hell? What if player is Cleric of Torm (Helm)? Should we remove special abilities (Boon of Lanthander etc.) too?

Note 2: What about Deva spell. It is problem of Player1 and purely hypotheticaly of Anomen. I would remove forbidden Deva from character's spellbook but I admit I do not know how to remove effect 313 from character to allow choosing the other Deva.

Note 3: What about Symols of (Torm|Helm|Talos)? I looked at CamDawg's handling procedures and decided to stop looking :p. When Viconia or PC changes alignment, they cannot use their symbol as it is restricted to (G|N|E) alignment. I believe Viconia's Symbol should be exchanged for Helm's when she become neutral. I am open to discussion.

While reading list of fixes I noticed removing Unholy spells from Anomen when he becomes lawful good. Similar situation emerges with Viconia, who can become true neutral in ToB.

Adding spells via anything but CLAB invokes an XP bonus for learning spells. Viconia will naturally learn Holy Smite and Holy Word at her next level-up; granting them earlier just gives her 10,000 XP for free.

Note 1: I was trying to fix these spells for charname as well, however there are more complications which must be resolved. Can Player1 change aligment smowhere else than in Hell? What if player is Cleric of Torm (Helm)? Should we remove special abilities (Boon of Lanthander etc.) too?

Note 2: What about Deva spell. It is problem of Player1 and purely hypotheticaly of Anomen. I would remove forbidden Deva from character's spellbook but I admit I do not know how to remove effect 313 from character to allow choosing the other Deva.

Now this is a bit more problematic. We'd almost have to create a new mechanism for clerics to fall, as a Morninglord shouldn't be evil and should lose all of their Lathander skills immediately. While it sucks, I wouldn't want to try to accomplish this in a Fixpack--all sorts of things can go wrong. More than likely a player playing a Morninglord would simply reload and do the challenges again if they changed to evil. As for the Devas, I don't know--removing the spell would be easy enough, but whether or not it would re-enable Fallen Devas in the HLA screen is another matter.

Note 3: What about Symols of (Torm|Helm|Talos)? I looked at CamDawg's handling procedures and decided to stop looking :p. When Viconia or PC changes alignment, they cannot use their symbol as it is restricted to (G|N|E) alignment. I believe Viconia's Symbol should be exchanged for Helm's when she become neutral. I am open to discussion.

For this at least, you can use the OBC Ghreyfain's Holy Symbols to make this sensible--Viconia gets a Holy Symbol of Shar, Anomen of Helm, etc. and they remain usable even if they change alignments.

Adding spells via anything but CLAB invokes an XP bonus for learning spells. Viconia will naturally learn Holy Smite and Holy Word at her next level-up; granting them earlier just gives her 10,000 XP for free.
I use AddSpecialAbility that works with priest and wizard spells too without unwanted XP bonus. When used in spell as an effect it even doesn't print "Gain Spell" message.

We'd almost have to create a new mechanism for clerics to fall, as a Morninglord shouldn't be evil and should lose all of their Lathander skills immediately. While it sucks, I wouldn't want to try to accomplish this in a Fixpack--all sorts of things can go wrong. More than likely a player playing a Morninglord would simply reload and do the challenges again if they changed to evil. As for the Devas, I don't know--removing the spell would be easy enough, but whether or not it would re-enable Fallen Devas in the HLA screen is another matter.
I know many players that do not care about alignment - keep Hell bonuses and play further even with evil (not fallen!) Paladin. And there is not so much to do. I'd change class to general cleric, grant unholy spells and remove two class spells (nothing chatchy I believe). I just wanted to make it clear.

As for the Devas, I don't know--removing the spell would be easy enough, but whether or not it would re-enable Fallen Devas in the HLA screen is another matter.
As I said, I do not know if it is possible without extensive modifying scripts and spells. Maybe just switching good Deva for evil one. If I do not find any easy solution, I incline to let it go.

Archived