Tiax the prophet

Grand_Dracolich

A chapter-variable for it would be good. Chapter 1 (and 2) he should be complaining about the iron crisis being beneath him; 3 (or 4, I can't remember what chapter's what), it should be about hunting bandits, then 5 onward should be the iron throne.

Another small wrinkle, when I turned down Quayle (in the Nashkel Carnival), the journal entry said we were in Baldur's Gate.

IIRC, he doesn't have anything about the iron crisis being beneath him, or about the bandits, since by the time he would have ordinarily been available, that would already have been solved.

But I'll have a look anyway. I don't know if we can really add anything for him to say early in the game without the go-ahead from his czar, who, by now has moved on to bigger and better things, but we can certainly keep non-sensical things to a minimum.

BTW: there are hints of Iron Throne activities earlier in the game. One of the optional responses to the Flaming Fist mercenary on the CoastWay had something to do with the Iron Throne, I believe (or maybe that was UB?). And the Druid by the bridge in CW3 mentions it.

I think we can count this as a fix (since we are not changing dialogue, just adjusting it for in-game NPC knowledge, but let's (I'll) put it on the worklist and see if i can get author ok.

The Journal Entries for 2 NPC joins may be suspect because of/if they are moved by the player. We may need to do some research, and add a .D patch for everyone (Eldoth and Alora have some dialogue added, but not the other two). Sounds like #2 on the worklist ???

Guest Turkish Delight

"But I'll have a look anyway. I don't know if we can really add anything for him to say early in the game without the go-ahead from his czar, who, by now has moved on to bigger and better things, but we can certainly keep non-sensical things to a minimum."

Heh. And by a freak coincidence, I just happened to get a BG1 itch and check back in on this project for the first time in ages. :)

I'd have to see the dialogue to tell if it's mine (another Tiax writer has since stepped into my shoes, correct?), but if it is then you have my full permission to do whatever you want with it. As suggested, I'd guess the logic I used at the time was "you pick up Tiax in Baldur's Gate, by which point you should know full well that the Iron Throne are the bad guys"....at that point, I had no clue someone would eventually drop the late game NPCs in Chapter 1.

Are the NPC banters still up on these forums somewhere?

Oh. My. God. You're back! Yay! Yep, Andyr was doing some extra stuff for Tiax when we couldn't get in touch with you. You can always take a look at the full D files in the mod itself, it will have every bit of dialogue. I don't remember if you dissappeared before or after we started coding :)

Drop me a PM or email to svowles at comcast dot net, and I will send you the link to the latest internal version, which has a number of updates;

Most of all, if you want to do some fly-by-night Tiax-ing, the coding of Tiax's quest is being worked on at the Development Wikki (I will be back with the link in a minute>>>) :)

Archived