Fiars mod! Yet another fanmade BG2 mod begins!

Bardess

Anomen's romance was the shortest of them all. It was 20 or so talks only. All male PC romances are longer. As Berelinde most wisely noted, mod NPCs usually have at least double the content of the Bio's NPCs. One of the reasons why BG2 mod is such a hard to shoulder undertaking nowadays.

Yep, player-initiated dialogues do not exist in the game, but your mod will not be compared against the Bio NPCs, it will be compared against the other mods, and they all do have them. It's a great feature and making a good use of it always makes a mod look nicer.

Made a new portrait ??? And a working one, too :D

Hm, I liked the portait before :(

Anomen's romance was the shortest of them all. It was 20 or so talks only. All male PC romances are longer. As Berelinde most wisely noted, mod NPCs usually have at least double the content of the Bio's NPCs. One of the reasons why BG2 mod is such a hard to shoulder undertaking nowadays.

Pfct! It's not fair ;) Why the original game patronizes males? :( (on the other hand, modders seem to patronize us female :D )

For me, even Anomen romance was long: I had to stand around and wait for his next talk to trigger, and that considering I was doing the Watcher's Keep in SoA. And with Viconia and Jaheira, I could never complete their 30-something lovetalks over the course of the game.

I'd gladly play Cernd friendship or Valygar's ToB romance(if they are in character for me), even if they have only eight talks or so. And for another player, Xan's dialogues were dramatic and over the top, and no amount of content could change that. So, I guess, it all comes down to the blend of spelling, consistency, and personal taste.

Thanx, berelinde, I worked half a day on it :( ! (I've caught a cold, no school for me these days ??? )

If you like the previous portrait better, it could be an alternative. It's just that the original picture of Mr. A.B. was not big enough, so I'm not quite content with its quality.

Yip, mods are so... proffessional nowadays. I'd like to make a ballance between Bioware and mods style, but we shall see what I make of it in the end. I *have* added PC-initiated talks, but I don't know how is a guy such as Fiars supposed to exactly flirt with anyone (except Viconia, LOL).

If he's too brutal for conventional flirting, there are always choices for unconventional ones.

PC-initiated choice: (hold Fiars's hand)

1 He bats your hand away.

2 He seizes you hand, brings it to his lips, and deliberately bites it.

3 He squeezes your hand hard enough to make it crunch.

Fiars-initiated ones:

(Fiars makes a rude and suggestive gesture in plain sight.)

(Fiars grabs your arm, drags you toward him, and sweeps your hair away from your neck. His breath is hot against your skin. He bites you.)

Woman! Attend me!

No offense, but I wouldn't want to romance an NPC who was too coarse for flirting.

Even if he looked like Antonio Banderas? (Though this latest portrait no longer has much resemblance :(.)

???

Eek, berelinde, those flirt ideas frighten me a bit! Something like that might come a little later in the romance (in the middle, I mean). It does lead me to thinking, though. YAY! :(

For now, the only so-so romantic option in PC initiated dialog I've added is Hug Fiars, which renders him confused (he doesn't react, he's just standing still) and after that he asks what has taken you over. Depending on your choice, he may laugh at you (if your answer is too sentimental and innocent), or reach for your... err... (quoting him)"upper pockets" (although you don't have those), or just tease you.

There are also "How are you today?", (Hit Fiars!) (also if the romance is active only; I wouldn't want Fiars hit by a robust *male* Bhaalspawn!) and "Have you ever loved a woman, Fiars?" (with a one-time answer) options. I'm thinking of some singing options for a bard as well.

Would you like me to write more about the flirts as I'm adding them?

If he's too brutal for conventional flirting, there are always choices for unconventional ones.

Ouch! All that biting is quite cruel :( but I quite liked the one with sweeping main chracter's hair ;)

For now, the only so-so romantic option in PC initiated dialog I've added is Hug Fiars, which renders him confused (he doesn't react, he's just standing still) and after that he asks what has taken you over. Depending on your choice, he may laugh at you (if your answer is too sentimental and innocent), or reach for your... err... (quoting him)"upper pockets" (although you don't have those), or just tease you.

"upper pockets" ? It sounds cool! ???

Would you like me to write more about the flirts as I'm adding them?

If you won't mind posting... :(

(Ignoring Miloch ??? )

You know, not every NPC mod has to include a romance, and not every "romance" has to involve love.

If you wanted him to be an NPC that would join the party, make a lot of suggestive remarks toward a female PC, and perhaps offer no-strings-attached relations, it would be unique. But you're still going to need to write dialogue. There's got to be something to him besides a collection of unsavory habits and a tendency to solve things in a rather permanent manner.

The idea of writing over 20 dialogues is kind of intimidating, until you start writing. At least you don't have over 200 staring you in the face. Gavin has 10 different options in BG2 ranging from "The PC is a dude, Gavin, you're just friends" to "You got married in BG1" to "You were engaged in BG1, but broke the engagement" to "You're evil and Gavin wouldn't have much to do with you, but now he knows that you're the child of Bhaal, so maybe it was your father's influence making you evil" to "You were dating Gavin in BG1, but you broke up because you got engaged to Sir Not-Appearing-In-This-Film" or "You were dating Gavin in BG1, but you told him you didn't want to be more than friends, but guys have notoriously bad memories, so if you still don't want anything to do with Gavin, you're going to have to tell him again."

If you wanted him to be an NPC that would join the party, make a lot of suggestive remarks toward a female PC, and perhaps offer no-strings-attached relations, it would be unique.

Well, there's Coran... (And I heard someone *not me* was making Coran for BG2...)

Gavin has 10 different options in BG2 ranging from "The PC is a dude, Gavin, you're just friends" to "You got married in BG1" to "You were engaged in BG1, but broke the engagement" to "You're evil and Gavin wouldn't have much to do with you, but now he knows that you're the child of Bhaal, so maybe it was your father's influence making you evil" to "You were dating Gavin in BG1, but you broke up because you got engaged to Sir Not-Appearing-In-This-Film" or "You were dating Gavin in BG1, but you told him you didn't want to be more than friends, but guys have notoriously bad memories, so if you still don't want anything to do with Gavin, you're going to have to tell him again."

Oh, dear. ??? Any "You never met Gavin before, but you like this guy already"?

If you wanted him to be an NPC that would join the party, make a lot of suggestive remarks toward a female PC, and perhaps offer no-strings-attached relations, it would be unique.

Well, there's Coran... (And I heard someone *not me* was making Coran for BG2...)

Really? That would be awesome!

Oh, dear. ??? Any "You never met Gavin before, but you like this guy already"?

Don't know yet. Been thinking about it, but it's going to require a huge suspension of disbelief upon entering the temple district. No working on BG2 until current projects are done, and that's a certain paladin first, followed by one IEP thing and a few banters for a barbarian/thief.

Yep, my own texts for singing options. I hope you don't find them too bad. Btw. what do you think of my signature? I like it as it is, but it was actually supposed to be a part of Haer'dalis's banter with Fiars (written last September). I'm not sure whether to include it or not.

Nooooo! But I want to make a romance! I WANT I WANT I WANT!! And in time, I'll make it.

Yep, my own texts for singing options. I hope you don't find them too bad. Btw. what do you think of my signature? I like it as it is, but it was actually supposed to be a part of Haer'dalis's banter with Fiars (written last September). I'm not sure whether to include it or not.

Nooooo! But I want to make a romance! I WANT I WANT I WANT!! And in time, I'll make it.

Then make a romance. But is this the romance you want to make?

Ask yourself if you would enjoy playing the romance. If the answer is yes, the write it. You don't have to do anything you don't want to do. If you want to write 10 lovetalks, no NPC-initiated flirts because that isn't his thing, limited PID, and a handful of interjections, then go ahead. There are lots of people who think mod NPCs chatter too damned much. Just make sure people understand that's all there is, or you'll be answering questions like "Why don't his flirts work?" and "I only got 10 love talks. Did I do something wrong?" until the end of time.

Archived