Fiars mod! Yet another fanmade BG2 mod begins!

Bardess

Yes, this is the romance I want to make. I shall see what I'll do about both lovetalks and flirts. It's fun writing them, that's for sure. And even more fun testing them in the game. So stop attacking me ??? ! It's just that I don't want to make Fiars the main attraction of the game. In some romances I have played, other NPCs could barely make it to say a line because of the romanced one. I would like Fiars to fit in the game better than that, but that would depend on other things as well, no? I'm not saying there are going to be too few lovetalks, and I *am* going to write Fiars-initiated flirts as well. I'm not considering him finished untill I have done all that.

Yes, this is the romance I want to make.

Then write what you want. It will be played.

So stop attacking me ??? !

Where did that come from? If you're talking to me, I was nowhere even *close* to attacking you, Fiars, or your plans for him! Please don't read suggestions as criticism. Anything I write, or anyone else writes, is nothing more than a suggestion, to be adopted or discarded at your discretion.

It's just that I don't want to make Fiars the main attraction of the game. In some romances I have played, other NPCs could barely make it to say a line because of the romanced one.

Yeah, that's a tough one, and it's easy to do. You get in the mindset of the NPC, and suddenly it's "I can't imagine that NyNPC would let that one go by without a comment" and "Oh, this is a perfect chance for MyNPC to say something clever." Next thing you know, you've got 400 interjections, and no one else can get a word in edgewise.

You'll write him the way you want, and no one is going to try to stop you, but don't attack those who want to help. It's difficult to read tone in this setting, but so far, it looks like people have been generally supportive.

Yep, my own texts for singing options. I hope you don't find them too bad. Btw. what do you think of my signature? I like it as it is, but it was actually supposed to be a part of Haer'dalis's banter with Fiars (written last September). I'm not sure whether to include it or not.

Nooooo! But I want to make a romance! I WANT I WANT I WANT!! And in time, I'll make it.

Hm, the text in your signature; I like it, but I think that the last line in it is too long:

Darkens the eve and stars, they shine

Yet a blade in his hand shines brighter still

Closed are their eyes and close them he would

Forevermore, forevermore... => I would write "forevermore, forever..."

But it's your text so you don't have to listen my opinion.

and by the way, who's attacking you?

Oh, berelinde's attacking me! :( No, it is difficult to read tone this way, and I didn't mean it exactly as this face ( :( ) shows. I know it, if you didn't care, you wouldn't be here to advise me.

About the song, I think I added the last line just to fill up the space ??? . I don't remember, it was quite some time ago. I might think of something else, don't know.

Well, there's Coran... (And I heard someone *not me* was making Coran for BG2...)

It makes me sad, but on another hand it is great that someone will do another version of Coran ???

In some romances I have played, other NPCs could barely make it to say a line because of the romanced one. I would like Fiars to fit in the game better than that, but that would depend on other things as well, no?

Ah, but this is a double-edged sword. If you play with a party of a predominantely modded NPCs, your character risks to fall by the way-side. For example, when I played with Amber, Xan and Kivan, the only combination of BioWARE NPCs that managed to hold their own against the modded NPCs were Haer'Dalis and Aerie, with Aerie romancing the PC and Haer'Dalis.

But hey, I think you have the best strategy - you do what you want to do, and let other people make up their own mind :( And the flirts do remind me of Shar-Teel a lot, lol. Fun! It's always good when things are different.

Ah, but this is a double-edged sword. If you play with a party of a predominantely modded NPCs, your character risks to fall by the way-side. For example, when I played with Amber, Xan and Kivan, the only combination of BioWARE NPCs that managed to hold their own against the modded NPCs were Haer'Dalis and Aerie, with Aerie romancing the PC and Haer'Dalis.

For me, more than one modded NPC per party (unless they come in packs, that is) means mess. I can't make Fiars banter with all those fanmade NPCs and it would seem a bit dull to me to have a party of mutual strangers. I don't play more than one mod at a time. I did think about adding banters with fanmade NPCs later, but... yes, maybe later.

It makes me sad, but on another hand it is great that someone will do another version of Coran

Hmm? I thought you'd actually like to have Coran in BG2, and absolutely refused to make him yourself.

I'd like to see Coran the womaniser in BG2, though it'll depend on the writing and the interpretation a lot - committed romance in a traditional sense with the PC being impossible, so it's either some light flirting and bickering, or nothing at all. Will he make a pass at Nalia? Mazzy? Anything non-joinable and wearing a skirt?

But well. Considering the number of NPC mods that start and do not get finished, or last well into the next century... you get the idea.

(Fiars grabs your arm, drags you toward him, and sweeps your hair away from your neck. His breath is hot against your skin. He bites you.)

Woman! Attend me!

I must be the only one who got just a bit shivery reading that... :(:(???

And Coran in BG2? I very nearly gave up hope! ;)

Hmm? I thought you'd actually like to have Coran in BG2, and absolutely refused to make him yourself.

Oh, yes, that's perfectly true, but it still makes me sad that I'll never make my own version, I had a pretty good idea where I'd have gone and all that. ???

Aww, why doesn't someone make Eldoth, now? Or Xzar that doesn't get killed? Yes, why not Xzar?? ???

I did like the thought of Fiars batting you hand away :( Well, he is not extremely brutal, but does know to be unpleasant.

All right. Got an idea, so I'm over my snit now.

Maybe it would be fun to *teach* him to be pleasant, like have him attempt flirting more often only after the pc flirts with him first. It would seem as if he becomes more comfortable with the idea that he won't turn into a pansy by showing a little affection only after he realizes that he'll get extra treats for being nice.

I sort of did that with Gavin. I had a counter increase every time the pc flirted with him, and he would start a dialogue after a set number of flirts. It simulates the response to encouragement.

Or not. It's just an idea.

Don't know...

Hey, what are those MUS files NPC's are using for their lovesongs? How do I make that kind of file? I have a wav file that plays when Fiars starts his "lovetalks" *snicker*, but would that mean there can't be voice acting over it too?

Archived