Fiars mod! Yet another fanmade BG2 mod begins!

Bardess

Maybe it would be fun to *teach* him to be pleasant, like have him attempt flirting more often only after the pc flirts with him first. It would seem as if he becomes more comfortable with the idea that he won't turn into a pansy by showing a little affection only after he realizes that he'll get extra treats for being nice. Or not. It's just an idea.

Even if it is only a idea, IMO it's good idea. I would like having such ideas, too ???

Hmm, yesterday I've added some important dialogues to be PC-initiated and to depend on each other (the last one requires two global checks, one of them needing to have a value of 2, and yay, I know how to code such things now!).

I may consider teaching Fiars to be pleasant ??? Well, I guess his behaviour towards the PC would in time grow a bit better anyway. Hey, I know! What about this: you don't "unlock" new flirts by a certain lovetalk, but by a certain amount of flirting?

Because in the beginning, he mostly tends to make fun of you when you try flirting with him. I've added "Sing a ballad, see if you can get Fiars's attention" for bards and "Sneak up on Fiars" option for thieves. (I love bards and thieves, and they will sometimes have some new lines to say in this mod. Might add something for some other classes as well.) He still won't let Salvanas patronize you, though.

What about this: you don't "unlock" new flirts by a certain lovetalk, but by a certain amount of flirting?

Heh, as long as you don't let it to run too much ahead of the love talks. Plus, if you do it without changing his attitude I think by his character you stand a better chance to annoy him with those displays of affection, rather than please him. So, I'd actually would go in the opposite direction that Berelinde suggested - ie he becomes more obnoxious in the responce to the same flirts if they selected more often, unless you are far enough progressed in the romance.

What I did with Shar-Teel was that if you were selecting certain 'nicer' options in the dialogues, she changed her attitude a little bit and instead of brand new flirts, her responces to the same flirts changed from brutal to less brutal. Obviously, ther ewere new flirts added as well. ???

Heh, as long as you don't let it to run too much ahead of the love talks. Plus, if you do it without changing his attitude I think by his character you stand a better chance to annoy him with those displays of affection, rather than please him. So, I'd actually would go in the opposite direction that Berelinde suggested - ie he becomes more obnoxious in the responce to the same flirts if they selected more often, unless you are far enough progressed in the romance.

True. But the starting flirts are not much affectionate either way (well, except for the ballad, but he pretty much ruins all your efforts). I've thought of a better result of the romance if you restrain from flirting a little; Fiars doesn't need a woman who'd chase him around, but flirts *are there* to be used, are they not?

Wow, am I confused now...

Ok, it has been decided: I'm adding Fiars-initiated flirts as well. I've written one where he pulls a bottle of drink from his backpack and drinks from it to your health ("pretty Charname"), but, of course, doesn't ask if you wanted any. Can that pass as a flirt? ???

Also, I'm working on a small quest that leads you to him... I guess that's some more things to learn...

Ok, it has been decided: I'm adding Fiars-initiated flirts as well. I've written one where he pulls a bottle of drink from his backpack and drinks from it to your health ("pretty Charname"), but, of course, doesn't ask if you wanted any. Can that pass as a flirt? ???

I'm sure it could :(

Also, I'm working on a small quest that leads you to him... I guess that's some more things to learn...

Yup, there are many things one should know, while he/she tries to make new mod... :( I'm tying to make my own mod and it's pretty difficult ;)

Oooh, what are you making?

I would give a link but I guess you don't know Czech, do you? ???

No, seriously... I'm trying to make (together with my brother) an dwarven NPC, with unique fighter kit and some other things; called Sekyra. I'm also trying to write some texts about some mod (not-so-normal-dagger).

Sekyra? Does that translate as... I don't know, axe? (because in Serbian it does.) You're lucky that you're not working alone. My older brother would never help me with this ;) .

Yup, as "axe".

Hee, "lucky" ? :( you know, Sekyra is originally character from my brother's fiction, so he's helping me with dialogs and items' describtions, I have to do the rest :D

Oh, you have older brother, too? :( Older brothers are horrible ??? (but on the other hand - at least I don't have to do the washing up every time :D )

Hm... in polish it also means Axe. ;) And also I have older brother :< Who never helped me with translations :D

You know, brother offered to leader of Sigil Deutsch Textüberzetsunge Team that he will help them, but this leader didn't even responded :(

Not only that - only his computer has acces to the internet, so I have to wait till he goes out to use it! Older brothers are tyrants.

Heee ??? we have only one computer at home and it's really annoying when your father/brother always kick you from PC because of some stupidities :(

Archived