More bugs (2.4)

Guest Your usual guest

As I said, I don't have a save of that anymore...

I'm guessing it could possibly be linked to the death variable vs creature string though...

Or maybe even due to that letter thing?

OTOH, you still have the save I sent you the other day for the crash issue. I continued from there really so that should do?

If not, can you send it back to me so I can quickly run through it?

How's the investigation going? found the problem?

Got 2 more for you:

- Amber does not give comments or dialogues when entering the tree of life area

- Amber is taken by the demon as bait during one of the trials but she is not actually moved over to the final area but stays where she is, allowing me to keep healing her.

- Amber does not give comments or dialogues when entering the tree of life area

Savegame, please. :p

- Amber is taken by the demon as bait during one of the trials but she is not actually moved over to the final area but stays where she is, allowing me to keep healing her.

The mod is not doing anything special to that one, actually, so I have no idea what's going on. I have to check how the demon works first.

I don't have an exact savegame for the first issue anymore. Only one from before entering Suldanessalar to begin with, so if you feel like spending some 10-15 mins playing through to the tree I can send you that one :p

For the second issue, I'm not even sure whether its Amber mod causing the problem or not, since I have the German version of Amber installed now but when I talk to the demon (Selfishness), it talks in English about taking one of my dear companions (therefore must be from some mod). To test that, i went the selfish route and Amber was taking the damage. I suppose that this part of the Amber mod was not translated yet then? (I can't think of which other mod would make Amber take the damage instead of the actual mod's NPC)

Amber does not actually change anything in the Hell Trials part of the game (apart from adding a comment by Amber right after you enter Hell), so it is very unlikely that its Amber causing that weirdness. (And besides, the German version of Amber should be translated in its entirety; we have not released a partially translated version.)

And yes, the "entering Suldanesselar" save could be helpful.

IIRC, the demon should punish the character who has been in the party for the longest (continuously).

How's the investigation going? found the problem?

Okay, when I load your savegame, the ghost behaves like you described, he speaks as if Dead("M#Lorraine") had returned true. When I load my savegame he acts as he should and recognises that his mother is alive. I didn't find any cause for this behaviour from your savegame it and it shouldn't directly be caused by the variable not being set earlier.

Anyhow, since it works in one save game and not in the other, it looks like it's not a resource file issue (ie. in the script or dialog files). As it is, I have little else to do than sit tight and see if there's more reports or a similar behaviour. If there's more reports I can perhaps pinpoint the cause to another caveat in the quest or other to cause. I hope that it was just so freaky snowball effect from the original issue that you had with the quest.

I'll go to see the Suldanesselar issue next and check the selfishness demon behaviour after that, though as I mentioned Amber mod does not touch that one.

The Tree of Life issue is due the fact that you're romancing Tashia and Fade along with Amber. Normally, if the ToL encounter is coded to match the bioware style, your PCs romantic interest is the last one to interact with your PC. The ToL interaction ends there (the dialogue terminates) and it does not work with multiple romances, because only one of them can be the last one.

Hmm its kind of odd then that Fade and Tashia comment properly as romantic interests at the ToL but Amber does not?

Could be a simple script fix for that I guess :p

The Selfishnes demon (DV= hellself) is 'made of' these files:

hellself.cre

hellself.dlg

hellself.bcs

If you find a mod that affects these files you might find the cause why the lines are in English and why the victim does not move correctly.

The (unmodded) actions in the last block of the dialogue are these:

CreateVisualEffectObject("SPFLESHS",Player2Fill)
CreateVisualEffectObject("SPFLESHS",Myself)
ActionOverride(Player2Fill,JumpToPoint([502.1313]))
CreateCreature("CH7SPY",[569.1354],0)
JumpToPoint([419.1311])
Wait(1)
ForceSpell(Player2Fill,HELL_HOLD)

Hmm its kind of odd then that Fade and Tashia comment properly as romantic interests at the ToL but Amber does not?

They're probably coded differently, so that they do not follow the Bioware pattern. It's a design choice of the modder and I don't know for sure how Tashia or Fade are coded in regards of the ToL interaction.

The ToL interaction seems simple enough, but in truth it's not. Or at leas it's very tricky for my coding skills. Especially since Amber has 4 different possibilities out there: the two romances, friendship and finally a 'neutral' outcome. I'm not very interested in changing it, since as far as I know it (now finally) works in the 'normal' game where you only have 1 romance interest for each PC. :p

They're probably coded differently, so that they do not follow the Bioware pattern. It's a design choice of the modder and I don't know for sure how Tashia or Fade are coded in regards of the ToL interaction.

The ToL interaction seems simple enough, but in truth it's not. Or at leas it's very tricky for my coding skills. Especially since Amber has 4 different possibilities out there: the two romances, friendship and finally a 'neutral' outcome. I'm not very interested in changing it, since as far as I know it (now finally) works in the 'normal' game where you only have 1 romance interest for each PC. :D

I just wanted to add that I'm having a moment of self doubt here and I'm wondering if the dammed thing works with mod NPCs at all. I have to install some and test. :p

I had a look at the hellself.dlg file in NI and found that states 34-47 are all in English for some reason. 1-33 are properly coded etc in German.

Not sure which mod added the extra states, but it refers to most standard bioware NPCs oddly enough (aerie, imoen, jaheira, minsc, keldorn)

I'll ask over at SHS in the meantime to figure out which mod does that.

Archived