New to Amber

davfra

Hi, I`m playing Amber for the first time and, enjoyable as it is, some of the posts on here make me wonder if the romance is progressing. My character has Int 12 Charisma 12. The last talk was regarding giving stars to Jill and someone else.

After the kidnapping, she sort of suggested that she was in no danger and could have managed by herself. (Felt like dumping her at this point!).

When i initiate dialogue, I get the neutral response.

Is there anyway I can check whether the romance is active or not, please?

It is. Just ask her how she feels or keep letting real time pass.

To check:

CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("m#amberromanceactive","GLOBAL")

to advance real time:

CLUAConsole:AdvanceRealTime(40000)

Yes, keep talking to her; flirting and asking how she's doing every once and a while. If she would just wanted to be your friend, she would have said so and not led you on by indicating that 'anything is possible'. :(

After the kidnapping, she sort of suggested that she was in no danger and could have managed by herself. (Felt like dumping her at this point!)

Well, she does have that charisma of eight... ???

She will indicate everything is possible even if romanceactive won't hit 2.

Happened to me when my AmberLike variable was too low (around 107)

Could advance time as much as I wanted and rest at every single inn in BG2 and she wouldn't initiate the scene until i set the local variable to 111+. She gets stuck at romanceactive 1 if your AmberLike is below 110 basically by the time she expects the inn scene.

She will indicate everything is possible even if romanceactive won't hit 2.

Happened to me when my AmberLike variable was too low (around 107)

Could advance time as much as I wanted and rest at every single inn in BG2 and she wouldn't initiate the scene until i set the local variable to 111+. She gets stuck at romanceactive 1 if your AmberLike is below 110 basically by the time she expects the inn scene.

She will like you more if you flirt with her, say extra nice things to her during lovetalks, or compliment her (soon) after she's the one who slew a powerful foe (like a dragon). Rather than gets 'stuck' the romance stalls until she's ready to move on. :( I think kissing is the most efficient way to boost AmberLike. ???

I`m still not sure what stage I`m at. I`m now in the underdark and the romance figure is still at 1.

Is the romance stagnant in the underdark and is there any way I can check more precisely than the romance figure? I have Shadowkeeper so can I use that to get info?

There`s mention on here of love talks. How do I check them?

Cheers

What was the last thing she said to you? (Apart from what she had to say about Brynlaw or the Shark village - those are so called chapter talks.) The romance doesn't proceed in the Underdark. However, it's not really important if the romance turns 'serious' prior or after Underdark. There is just one 'floating' talk that's exclusive to the 'serious' romance in the Underdark and you can have the (player initiated) Underdark flirts if you have had that bounty notice lovetalk before going in.

If you absolutely need to the talk variable value, you can look under 'affects' tab when you have Amber selected in the shadowkeeper. There's a variable called M#amberTalk in there. values 1 to 20 are for the 'casual' talks, values from 20 are for 'friendship' talks and values above 50 are for lovetalks.

What was the last thing she said to you? (Apart from what she had to say about Brynlaw or the Shark village - those are so called chapter talks.) The romance doesn't proceed in the Underdark. However, it's not really important if the romance turns 'serious' prior or after Underdark. There is just one 'floating' talk that's exclusive to the 'serious' romance in the Underdark and you can have the (player initiated) Underdark flirts if you have had that bounty notice lovetalk before going in.

If you absolutely need to the talk variable value, you can look under 'affects' tab when you have Amber selected in the shadowkeeper. There's a variable called M#amberTalk in there. values 1 to 20 are for the 'casual' talks, values from 20 are for 'friendship' talks and values above 50 are for lovetalks.

Thanks for that. She`s at talk 58. We`ve just come out of the Underdark and she said very little to me there, but I believe that`s normal.

One small problem is that Aerie is still coming on to me and, although I don`t want the romance, I don`t want to lose her.

Guest thegr8sephiroth
Aerie's romance active will be moved to 3 when Amber's romance active hit's 2, which should be after Amber's next lovetalk.

Right. Are there any prerequisites or conditions for that?(M#Amberlike is 128, and I'm still in Athkatla)

Guest Guest
Well, you can ask her how she is (choose the click-talk option "How are you doing Amber?"). Or just go to rest in an inn (not the Crooked Cane).

Or the Five Flagons, or the Den of Five Vales...

Sorry, it just took a while to find an inn that worked. That said, Ambertalk is 60, but romanceactive is still 1. Is something wrong, or does that seem right?(I ask because she definitely exhibited RomanceActive=2 behavior, but didn't say anything the next day, and the flirt options haven't changed(not sure if they were supposed to))

Archived