Anomen

Guest Diana

Guest Diana

Like everyone I've played this game many times. Can anyone answer why Anomen's fighter skills never level up, only his cleric abilities? Is this something that was hard-coded into this character?

Anomen is dual-classed. This means that his fighter class is no longer active. Hence the reason his fighter skills never level up past level 7. On the up side of this, however, he can still get more than one star in weapon proficiencies.

Like everyone I've played this game many times.  Can anyone answer why Anomen's fighter skills never level up, only his cleric abilities?  Is this something that was hard-coded into this character?

He started out as a fighter, but then was dual-classed to a cleric state. After dual classing, one's abilities in that original class don't go further.

Thanks.  I guess the puzzlement arrived because my PC character is dual classed and both classes level up.

I think that your PC is probably multi-classed. In this case both classes will level up. Dual-class means that you were one class, say a fighter, at one time and then changed to another class, say a cleric. In this case, the fighter class becomes inactive and no longer levels up. A multi-classed character is one that chose 2 different classes. In this case, the fighter class and the cleric class will level up at the appropriate experience level.

I very much prefer multi-classing to dual-classing myself. I think, in the end, you get a much stronger character than one who`s dualed, this is one of the reasons I mostly play with half-elves in BG2 (besides the fact that they`re my favorite race :)).

Archived