Drow race Mod

darklordfang404

It would be cool, but it would be a heck of a lot of work. It would be kind of neat if you could have a tiefling, say, and have shopkeepers and townspeople react to the PC as if he or she really was a tiefling.

Or an Aasimar:

"Mommy, why does that woman have glowy silver eyes?"

"Shh, child. Maybe one of her ancestors was a god..."

How would you like it to be implemented? We cannot add new races to select at character creation as the races are hardcoded (I think).

We'd have to create a kit, possibly a bit like in TDD, but that would fill up a lot of slots..

I think the best way to do would be to create a character/creature asking you some questions about your race and if your class is a fighter and you answer "I'm a wookie" then your class/kit is changed to a "Wookie Fighter"..

It may be doable as some sort of spell that has a permanent duration and is not-dispellable...

Wow I kinda thought people would laugh at me because I am really a noob at modding but what I really want it everyone to be able to percieve my character as being a drow whether it's a class kinda thing or not doesn't matter to me I would like to be percieved as really really evil to all the people in villages but only to a point that they fear me not hate me or refuse to talk to me so I can't beat the game

Wow I kinda thought people would laugh at me because I am really a noob at modding but what I really want it everyone to be able to percieve my character as being a drow whether it's a class kinda thing or not doesn't matter to me I would like to be percieved as really really evil to all the people in villages but only to a point that they fear me not hate me or refuse to talk to me so I can't beat the game

Don't think you're going to get people to laugh at you over this. It's a popular idea, and it's been around a while. I don't think it's technically all that difficult to implement, or no more so than any other kit, for example, but the tricky bit comes in when you want in-game people to react to a drow. It means adding a whole lotta content, and previous modders have stopped short of that.

I'm talking about a lot of modification to existing dialogue to allow additional pc response options and NPC reactions.

If you are serious about doing this, you will be popular.

Archived