Drow race Mod

darklordfang404

I've found a mod called 'Virtue' made by SimDing0.. It splits your Reputation attribute into two things: Virtue and Reputation.. It may contain some of the ideas of what you are looking for; being able to be evil, but still maintaining a repution so people will talk to you..

At the moment this may be the closest you can get..

to think all it took was my fasination with evil to want to make a drow character to start a discussion that might lead to something good (or rather evil *chuckle*) now my biggest question how would I go about making a mod because the virtue mod and a class mod along with a couple new spells would make this work to the way I want it the 3 innate drow spells a matriarch class and a couple other classes that would fit drows along with the virtue mod would work for it perfectly if you think about it

now my biggest question how would I go about making a mod because the virtue mod and a class mod along with a couple new spells would make this work to the way I want it
Well, there's a simple way to do what you want and a hard way. The simple way is to make an elf character with the skin and hair of a drow and play an evil SOB (or not, if you're some kind of goody-goody drow like Drizzt :p). I've done that, and it's more believable than you might think, because the game leaves a lot to your imagination.

The hard way might involve picking apart those mods you mention, seeing what makes them tick, browsing the tutorials on this site and others, and eventually building your mod that way. As others have mentioned, I think it would involve less of making a drow 'class' than building dialogue for characters in the game who would actually respond to you as if you were a drow. That would require a lot of writing and a little coding, but people would love it I'm sure. :p

Yup you're right I forgot about that but when you go to the underdark wouldn't you beable to use it again

the drow would have to be in the Underdark for quite some time to gain that ability. Something about the magic can't be used in the sunlight and is lost if too much time is spent there (like drow armor and weapons). Also the drow have to learn how to use thier levitation and it takes years.

So pretty much if a drow mod was made, I would say give the inate powers of fairy fire and globes of darkness and leave it at that. and while you are at it, add those powers to Viconia. Never did understand why she did not have them...

now my biggest question how would I go about making a mod because the virtue mod and a class mod along with a couple new spells would make this work to the way I want it
Well, there's a simple way to do what you want and a hard way. The simple way is to make an elf character with the skin and hair of a drow and play an evil SOB (or not, if you're some kind of goody-goody drow like Drizzt :p). I've done that, and it's more believable than you might think, because the game leaves a lot to your imagination.

The hard way might involve picking apart those mods you mention, seeing what makes them tick, browsing the tutorials on this site and others, and eventually building your mod that way. As others have mentioned, I think it would involve less of making a drow 'class' than building dialogue for characters in the game who would actually respond to you as if you were a drow. That would require a lot of writing and a little coding, but people would love it I'm sure. :p

no matter what kind of elf you are viconia will still hate you and she's my favorite npc so if she hates me she won't be on good terms with me regardless

Archived