Anything else for v4?

CamDawg

This is what I've got so far in the changelog:

• Fixed bug with Force All Dialogue To Pause component that was preventing the completion of the tavern challenges in Ust Natha
  • The v3 documentation for Add Bags of Holding indicated that Roger was getting a potion case, though it was actually going to Mrs. Cragmoon. After discussion in the forums, it was decided to give potion cases to both of them. The documentation for the BG stores was also incorrect.
  • Many bugfixes and enhancements to Multiple Strongholds, most notably a new second option to retain the class restrictions but allow multiple strongholds for dual-and multi-class characters. Fixed reported bugs with acquiring the Thieves Stronghold and Planar Sphere. Enhancements to the component include being able to decline the Playhouse, Ranger Cabin, and Druid Grove strongholds as well as being able to claim you are an agent of Talos (truthfully or not, as appropriate) to Borinall in the Dawn Ring quest.
  • Deprecated P&P Spell Progression Tables, Druids Use Cleric Level and Spell Progression, and Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table, Saving Throws, Grand-Mastery, and Arcane, Divine Spell Progression components in favor of the new, more granular and individual components of Un-nerfed THAC0 Table, Un-Nerfed Sorcerer Spell Progression Table, Alter Mage Spell Progression Table, Alter Bard Spell Progression Table, Alter Cleric Spell Progression Table, and Alter Druid Spell and Level Progression Tables components (see main portion of readme for more details)
  • Fixed bug with Shopkeepers Have Limited Identification Ability component. If a shopkeeper had a dialogue call to open a non-existent store, this component would fail because it would try to patch the store file. The patch will no longer try to patch files which do not exist.
  • Low Reputation Store Discount has been rolled into a broader component, Change Effect of Reputation on Store Prices, and is available as one variant. Three new variants are introduced, allowing the player to remove the effect of reputation on stores entirely.
  • Sellable Staffs, Clubs, and Slings (Icelus) has been expanded and renamed Sellable Items (Icelus). Several more items ave been assigned prices, and stores which buy arrows are now altered to buy bolts as well--this will have little effect in BG2, but will make a big difference in Tutu, where no stores by default buy bolts.
  • The Romance Bug Fixes (Sabre, Richardson) component was not being suppressed for Tutu games, as they are unnecessary

I think I've gotten all of the open bugs in the forum tackled.

I'd like to re-request this:

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=5835

Since Refinements development has stopped, G3 is my only hope!

Apparently it's been available in my local copy since the time of that post, but I never got around to publishing the file :p

Unfortunately, I don't know when (or if) I'll even bother to publish it in any official way, but even then it won't be before March. I'll publish a 'unzip if you like' patch after this post though.

@Cam: WeiDU 199 will have PATCH_INCLUDE (and you don't want to know why :p ), and should be out in March (not before, unfortunately, due to Uni). To better differentiate between PATCH and ACTION, *.tph files will 'officially' be renamed *.tpa.

While it won't change a dime in the functionality, if you want 100% readme compliance you'd have to change that (hey, after all setup-g3_Tweaks.tp2 teaches you more TP2 stuff than README-WeiDU.html itself, and you don't want to teach wrong stuff :D ).

Speaking about the Happy Patch, am I the only one to be tired by the reputation lines said regulary by the NPCs ? It was driving me nuts until I wrote a mini-mod that fill the happy.2da with zeros. The effect is to remove the reputation effect on the party. Now, the reputation lines are gone (and the NPC won't leave at extreme reputation as a side effect). Maybe this would interest someone else than me ? :p

COPY_EXISTING ~HAPPY.2DA~ ~override~
 COUNT_2DA_ROWS 4 happy_rows
 FOR (i = 0; i < "%happy_rows%"; i += 1) BEGIN
FOR (j = 1; j <= 3; j += 1) BEGIN
  SET_2DA_ENTRY %i% %j% 4 "0"
END
 END
BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

I'd like to re-request this:

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=5835

Since Refinements development has stopped, G3 is my only hope!

Ugh, I remember this. I remember thinking it would be pretty easy; just read the enchantment level and adjust the penalties on the fly. Well, two issues: a lot of armor does not have an enchantment level set (basically, any armor available in BG does not) and it would also involve updating a few hundred armor description strings. At that point, I'd probably have to go through every piece of armor individually, which is exactly what I'm trying not to do with the component.

can you take a look at that link and tell me if this is doable since you are already expanding the Happy Patch component ?

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?s...amp;#entry75547

Speaking about the Happy Patch, am I the only one to be tired by the reputation lines said regulary by the NPCs ? It was driving me nuts until I wrote a mini-mod that fill the happy.2da with zeros. The effect is to remove the reputation effect on the party. Now, the reputation lines are gone (and the NPC won't leave at extreme reputation as a side effect). Maybe this would interest someone else than me ? :p

Heh, OK, we now have three Happy Patch variants.

I also forgot the mage triple-class HLA component.

Cam, thanks for the reply, but I don't really understand if you mean this will be done at some point or it won't.

Did you see this? I noticed I had the stuff in my local copy for almost an year, so there is a .zip file with the needed patch, which may work or not (but does for me), no warranty is given, blah blah.

I have another request, but this is a documentation change only.

The ReadMe states this : "The Restore SoA Load Screen Logo component has been reported to cause some minor graphical glitches when used with the BGT-WeiDU GUI."

This is not true, there are perfectly compatible (tested on my current install). The glitches I reported were caused by the bug in "Restore SoA Load Screen Logo" in the earlier versions of BG2 Tweaks. :p

Yes, but it's too late to add new components for v4 at this point--I'll add it to the idea list for future versions.

From a technical standpoint, I think it'd be fairly easy to do--dupe the last ability header and decrement the save bonuses on whatever scale we want to use.

Archived