Proofreaders Wanted

Miloch

We are looking for a few people to help proofread game dialogue and descriptions for the proposed BG1 Fixpack Game Text Update component. There are several thousand lines of typos and misplaced punctuation to go through, so the more who can help, the merrier. No coding knowledge necessary, just good English spelling and grammer grammar. And like I said, it's fun! Ok fine, it's a tedious and thankless job, but you will be richly rewarded with FREE BEER hearty pats on the back, cheers of 'nicely done' and having your name in the credits.

U done dair seen mi inglish n dem utter posts.

Sorry, but I don't think I could help out.

What? Oh, owww, ohhh, ouch. Hey stop that! That hurts!

UNCLE Already!!! :p

Okay my arm's been twisted good enough now. Ya almost ripped it plumb off.

If'en ya wan'it I ken hep out abit. But I make no promises on quality... My dad was the english minor and he didn't like my writing any at all. Not even on bit.

Miloch,

I might help if you like. My english is not really perfect but probably good enough...

P.S. You are aware of Dudleyville's Dialog.tlk (based on Baldurdash BG1 Game Text Update) which corrects a big amount of mispelled words ?

P.S. You are aware of Dudleyville's Dialog.tlk (based on Baldurdash BG1 Game Text Update) which corrects a big amount of mispelled misspelled (:p) words ?
Yeah, we've already done an output of different strings between TotSC, Baldurdash and Dudleyville. The problem is Dudley apparently did things like fix drunk talk (which *should* be slurred) so we have to go in and pick the best amongst the various fixes or do our own fix. You already have access to the Fixpack workroom so you can download those and look at the related posts. I'm just waiting on Cam's offer to do reverse comparisons and an EasyTutu output for good measure *cough* *quit-replaying-BG2-and-output-the-damn-texts* *cough*.

Edit: Here's the link to the text updates for those with Fixroom access.

*raises her hand*

Uhm... well... I proofread for a living, so--what the heck, right? *lol* Might as well sacrifice my free time on the altar of my obsessive-compulsive inner pedantic, too!

Seriously, though, I'd love to help if you still need proofers. Just let me know how to get started! I've gotten so much out of the modding community over the years, it would be nice to give a little back. :)

Best regards,

Philodox

Great. I'll ask CamDawg to give you Fixroom access, unless he sees this post first. Right now I think we have most of the strings output, so we just need to compile all the data, then divide and conquer it (I make it sound easy, don't I? :)).

:) No free beer for either of you. Not that you would've gotten any anyway, but shh... don't tell anyone else that.

Keep your beer. I'll just take a coke (as in the soda, not the powder).

Don't forget to put the lime in the coke you nut! :)

Check the BG1 NPC credits, and shake down those folks, too... Ginger was actually a paid professional proofreader in RL, and everyone else should have been -- serious discussions, clean fast work, and not one person accidentally proofing in Word instead of a professional text editor. Good people. Wish we coulda paid cash.

Now just avoid the Brit vs Aussie vs Scot vs Canadian vs Canadienne vs AMURUKUN, DAMMIT english debate, and you are good to go :)

Great. I'll ask CamDawg to give you Fixroom access, unless he sees this post first. Right now I think we have most of the strings output, so we just need to compile all the data, then divide and conquer it (I make it sound easy, don't I? :)).

Rock the casbah! :( I'll await further instruction (i.e., Fixroom access) with ConText at the ready.

Ready to make with the relentlessly correct punctuation and junk,

Philodox :)

Putting out a last call for Baldur's Gate proofreaders. Well, I guess there is no "last call" until we're done, which might be a while, but we have about 5 or 6 folks helping already (I think) and could use at least a couple more due to the large workload. So even if you don't think you could commit much time, if you can spare a little, or even just want to have a peek at the BG Fixpack forum (if you can't view that link, you don't have access :)), drop me a PM and copy CamDawg for access.

And if anyone knows of specific folks who have helped in the past on other projects, let me know that too so I can harass them.

-Miloch teh Barbarian

1. You don't like my proofreading.
Hey, I never said that, just mind your thees and thous. :)
2. My commitments are already 6 deep, so availability is minimal.
Yeah, mine too, but I assigned myself a chunk anyway (glutton for punishment I guess).
If you get desparate desperate, give me a shout.
Heh. Sorry... couldn't resist... :love:

Archived