Changing the PC avatar *temporarily*

berelinde

I'd like to change the pc avatar temporarily, for the duration of a talk or cutscene, and then change it back to what it was before.

I'm thinking that this is going to involve some sort of custom spell, possibly one like polymorph self, but cast on the pc as opposed to the NPC.

Essentially, I would like to change the avatar of the pc to that of a female mage in a white robe for the duration of the spell.

I will probalby start out by looking at polymorph other in D-alphabet-soup.

Does anybody have any pearls of wisdom for me, because I'm feeling very out of my league on this one.

Excellent! Exactly the kind of help I needed. That's a good place to start, because the slayer change would have to take all sorts of things into account, putting it there, and putting it back. Just no turning into lobster-girl.

Kulyok pretty much got me thinking it was a good idea, and now I've got to follow through, because I won't stop thinking about it until it either works out or it becomes apparent to me that I'm a lost cause.

Just needed to get pointed in the right direction.

There's an opcode specifically for this: Animation change (53)

I use it for the shapeshifter fix I'm working on-isntead of polymorphing into the thing, I just use that opcode to make the character look like one and... well. I'm sure you can work the rest out.

Edit: another workaround would be a tempory polymorph, with the creature (mage.cre for example) having a robe equipped that gives them the correct glow.

Archived