IWD2: CRE State Flags

FredSRichardson

Hey, 0x800 (bit 11) is the Exportable flag.

I saw that pattern too, though it's mistakenly set on a few random NPCs as well.

Bit 30 seems to be tied to permanent dead bodies, as that's where I keep seeing it used. Perhaps it keeps scripts from detecting them (via See, etc.)? Just a wild guess. ;)

Are you sure about bit 30? The 'keep corpse' bit in dltcep was meant exactly this.

I meant I kept seeing bit 30 set whenever there was a CRE with the permanent corpse flag (bit 2) also set. That's why I think bit 30 might have some function specially related to permanent corpses. I haven't tested it though; too busy with Tutu.

WVDEATH/WVHITH are not wyvern but Wailing Virgin.

Fair enough - but where in IWD2 are the Wailing Virgins? ;)

As for your animation list, I have a similar one in an xls file. Although they may not be in the exe file, these are as follows for the 0xe9 opcode (value and BAM):

Power Word: Stun and Power Word: Sleep = 18; PWSTUNH

Dimension Door = 59 (origin), 60 (dest); DDOORH

Lower Resistance = 89; MTOUCHH

The following does not use the 0xe9 opcode, but use the "Projectile" type (offset 0xa8) instead:

Suffocate = 317; SUFFOCA

The monster summoning spells use 0x19a opcode, where one of the parameters (Animation) links to which animation is used.

Other notes (0xe9 opcode in brackets):

The animations for CGRACEH (90), CFELEMH (28), CEELEMH (29), CWELEMH (30) and SOFLAMH (14) do not actually exist. Shroud of Flame uses the "Projectile" type instead (265) to run the SOFLAMC animation.

A number of spells use the same effect as others, e.g. Healing Circle and Cure Light Wounds both use CLWOUNH.

Hope this helps.

Really? That must be evidence that bioware guys created creatures via the game interface, like some modders did :)
I think this was all still about ID2? There were only a few problems from BioWare (a couple creature types that have every single flag set; oops). I'm not sure if any of the flags carry over directly between the normal IE games and ID2.
Are you sure about bit 30? The 'keep corpse' bit in dltcep was meant exactly this.

I meant I kept seeing bit 30 set whenever there was a CRE with the permanent corpse flag (bit 2) also set. That's why I think bit 30 might have some function specially related to permanent corpses. I haven't tested it though; too busy with Tutu.

Ok, now i understand. Sounds possible. I will test this soon or later.

Archived