Do you still want save games with Ajantis' dream talks off-kilter?

Guest DalreïDal

Guest DalreïDal

Heya, it's been a while since I sneaked around here...

The title says it all... Just wondering if you'd still like the save games sent to who-should-get-them, so you can try and pinpoint the problem? So far I got 2 dreams. The 1st talk was, predictably, one dream early. For the 2nd dream, I got no talk at all, so it's possible the 3rd dream will work OK. Btw, if you're interested in the save games, I'm on an Easy-tutu install with just BG1 NPC project, some portrait pack installed, and Gavin.

Guest DalreïDal
yes please!

OK, I'm perfectly willing to send you my two save games, but to whom do I send them?

When you look into this, you might want to check the actual dialogue to make sure that the dialogue corresponds to the right dream. They might just be labeled backward.

Does this make sense?

Er, I hope you're not talking to me, because I can't understand a word of what you're saying! lol :)

Sorry, my comment was directed at cmorgan. He's the wrap coordinator, but I'm one of the ones who reported the problem originally. I've looked at that code any number of times and never found anything wrong with it, which makes me think that the dreams might have been switched before the coding was finalized.

Sorry if this doesn't make sense to you, but I hope it does to cmorgan.

And sorry for hijacking your thread.

But he's going to have to respond to your email address request, because I can't remember it off the top of my head.

Guest DalreïDal

No problem about hijacking my thread, lol :) While I'm here and thinking about it, when you tell me where to send the save games, would you mind telling me what I should be sending you? Just the folder from my saves directory, or is it any more elaborate than that?

If you are going to send them, would you please send the whole folder with each saved game? It will look like a file folder with the format xxxxx-00000001 (or some such). Having just the component xxxx.sav only tells half the story.

Actually, if you like, you can send them to me (I've already got the address). You can compress them to ZIP or RAR if it's easier.

A saved game file is made up of a few different parts. The xxx.sav has the area variables in it, the .gam has a lot of the story-content variables (and the global lists), and the individual character files have info for that character. We're going to need the whole thing.

That's also why I haven't gotten back to you about the Gavin issue. With Baldur1.sav, Baldur2.sav, and Baldur3.sav, I can only tell what the area variables and other info are. I would need the .gam files. I can look at Ajantis while I'm there.

Guest DalreïDal

Hey, thanks a lot, Berelinde, you're a lot of help :) As I said in my email, I wasn't sure what you were asking for, and now that it's clear you want the whole folder of the save game, I'll send that as soon as I get back home. That's gonna be a first time for me that I try to compress something to .zip (because I'm absolutely not going to join the files in the three saved game folders one by one...). Wish me luck, lol, I can tell I'm going to need it.

And you are welcome to send that to berelinde and she can pass it on to me, or you can copy me at svowles at comcast dot net. It would help if you include the whole savegae folder and a copy of the file labeled "WeiDU.LOG" in your install folder, so Iwe can try to put together an exact replica of your install :)

berelinde, I have been over and over these things, too, and everything looks perfect. The dream variables and chapter variables match, the text matches -- yet for some strange reason we have this crop up.

It can't be a tra slipup, because the error occurred before tra...

I think it might have happened before the traification. I think the labels got switched.

After the first few times, who plays the dreams through to the end anymore? I'm going to have a look at it now, and see if this is the case.

Yes, it is confirmed. The dreams are mislabeled. Dream 2 is about the stone statue, the dream you get after the bandit camp. Dream 4 is about returning to Candlekeep. Imoen's sequence is reversed. She's got Dream 2 as returning to Candlekeep, and dream 4 as the one after the bandit camp. I propose switching Ajantis's.

Archived