BG2 Tweaks Errors

Two errors, one consistent over several versions of TweakPack, one not. Either one possible due to mega-mod install, but we'll see.

1. Cast Spells from Scrolls at Character Level - Error Report

ERROR: illegal 2-byte read from offset 314 of 314-byte file CITTERN.ITM

ERROR: [CITTERN.ITM] -> [override/CITTERN.ITM] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("CITTERN.ITM: read out of bounds"))

Stopping installation because of error.

This one, for me, carried over from v3 to v4. I also have the newest version of Item Upgrade, which a forum search seemed to indicate had some kind of CITTERN.ITM problem, so that shouldn't be the issue.

2. Weapon Proficiency Alterations

Installation hangs when installing option 2 or 3. Didn't try option 1. CPU usage spikes to 99% and installation halts.

----

Simple fix is, of course, not to install these components, but I figured a bug unreported is a bug unfixed.

:)

DtD

Do you know offhand which mod adds cittern.itm? I'm guessing we have a bad index on the item. If you don't know, you can just run a search for it in your BG2 folder and it should pop up in the folders of some mods.

As for the second one, could you try something for me? Try installing it, and when it hangs, use ctrl-c to kill the process. (I suggest doing this on a spare BG2 install, of course. :) ) Then, copy the output of the DOS window and post it here--it'll help me narrow down which step is choking the process.

Do you know offhand which mod adds cittern.itm? I'm guessing we have a bad index on the item. If you don't know, you can just run a search for it in your BG2 folder and it should pop up in the folders of some mods.

It seems that CITTERN.ITM is from NEJ. I'm running the old NEJv6.02 via the NEJ Biffer that horred worked up some time ago. When I get to the Tweaks this run through of the Mega-Install, I'll try removing the item from the BIFFs and Override folder and see what happens.

I'll get back to you on the hanging issue.

DtD

CITTERN.ITM is from NEJ. I'm running the old NEJv6.02 via the NEJ Biffer that horred worked up some time ago.

Okay, after some fiddling, I identified the following files from NEJ that caused the "Cast Spells" tweak to choke:

cittern.itm

bag04nej.itm

book07.itm

hamm11.itm

invcloak.itm

mdk2ring.itm

ptnnej.itm

quiver05.itm

ring40.itm

scrl8b.itm

serpsca.itm

slayerwp.itm

Removing these from the biffs and override folder allowed the component to install correctly.

Then, just for fun, I tried the Weapon Prof. tweak, and it went just fine. That was on a minimal install with:

Fixpack

NEJv42 (via NEJbiffer)

NEJv602

It may be one of the other mods in my regular mega-mod install that caused the hanging in the Prof. Tweak section. I'll keep bughunting on that one and see if I can get that DOS error report for posting.

DtD

Cheers, thanks. If possible, could you zip up those problem files and email them to me at webmaster@gibberlings3.net? I'm pretty sure it's the items (and these could also be causing the bug with the weapon profs, too) but I want to verify.

Items are on the way.

As for the hanging error, killing the process and checking the .DEBUG file showed that it hung during the CRE patching process ("Copying and patching 10478 files ..."), specifically on IMOEN15.CRE. Not sure what may have caused that, but I'll send you the offending file to check out, as well as my WeiDU log.

DtD

Archived