Several issues

GhostNWN

Guest Guest

ah, yes. Tried different weapons?

About Breach - imho it makes sense that it bypasses magic resistance. It means that firstly spell strikes protections on the target, and only after it strikes the target directly, and MR, which is natural property of the target, applied.

I'd second the recommendation to turn on to-hit rolls in the feedback options, and then you can see when you're missing not due to a critical miss. Your kensai has Gauntlets of Extrordinary Specialization (for an extra half attack per round), yes?

Magic Attack spells ignore spell school immunity too :golfclap:

you know, kensai should be restriсted from wearing gloves
They are:
Disadvantages:

May not use missile weapons.

May not wear armor.

May not wear gauntlets or bracers.

Maybe this is a usability bug that needs to be fixed.

Use any item?

If the character record says four attacks per round and the feedback window consistently displays

Kensai - attack roll
Kensai - attack roll
Kensai - attack roll
PAUSED
Auto-pause: Round End
Kensai - attack roll
Kensai - attack roll
Kensai - attack roll
PAUSED
Auto-pause: Round End

Then your game is broken in a way that mods can't really introduce. I doubt this is the case, but if it is....

these gaunthlets with only fixpack installed are not usable by kensai. And I doubt kensai with thaco=-22 may have Use any item (unless you cheat).

Also, I checked just now and misses like

Attack roll: 2+8 = 10 - Miss
are shown properly in my game.
I did the test on a Kensai, 27th level with 28 multi-classed thief levels proficient 5 stars in Greatswords and 2 stars in Two-hand style using BG2Tweak pack grandmastery fixes.

By the end of ToB she was 27 / 34 or so.

Which is why she can wear gloves, full armor etc ;)

I used party members to estimate her attacks. And she seems to have 4.

She also has the proper 5 if using the pantalon contraption for instance.

I also noticed that she seems to hit party members with a high AC (-10) much better than she does a hostile critter with an AC above 0.

Because she has exactly 4 attacks a round and I can tell when the 4 attacks happen - pause - 4 more
Characters get 1-2 fake attacks (animation but not actual blow) when fighting in melee. Are you sure that those 4 attacks (swing animations, to be more correct) occur during exactly 1 round (6 seconds)?

Aslo you can activate Critical Strike HLA (if you have one) and see if you'll have misses. If you do then those fake attacks (it was quite a pain for me to discover the source of my own misses when having -15 THACo and hitting a goblin) seem to be making you to belive that you've got a bug.

Archived