To Battle!

EiriktheScald

Which of these war-cries are best suited for Eirik?  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I also liked "Awake, iron!" it's simple and also calls up the warrior's relationship with their weapon (they don't give them names for fun, you know).

Don't forget too that there are a couple of alternate battlecalls possible. I'd go maybe with "Ah, I smell a battle" as one, just for something a little less agressive, but still enthusiastic (if that's something you want Eirik to be like).

My vote goes to "Awake, iron!" ... it's short, to the point, and you'll be hearing it a lot.

The shining citadel line is good as well, but demands more of your voice actor, and I feel it could be too long.

I will be asking for help with this in the near future. How much dialog, at a minimum, is usually voiced?

How much or how little voicing is up to you. Finch has a lot of voicing. BG1 NPC gives just the ones Kulyok says. I wanted Gavin to blend with BG1 NPC, so he's minimally voiced (43 lines). I don't remember what Mur'Neth has. I've never played Mulgore/Xavia.

Guest Guest
Don't forget too that there are a couple of alternate battlecalls possible.

I count four battle cries; does order matter, or are they played randomly? While we're on the subject of voicing, does the 'initial meeting' usually coincide with the opening line of the initial dialogue?

The shining citadel line is good as well, but demands more of your voice actor, and I feel it could be too long.

That's quickly becoming my favorite. Anyone else feel it's a tad too long, or difficult to voice? I think Haer'Dalis has lengthy battle cries as well.

BTW: You don't have to do anything special to get the initial meeting sound to play. It will happen automatically with the IF ~NumberTimesTalkedTo(0)~. You just have to make sure you have the voice actor actually read the first line of the actual dialogue, not something completely different.

After that, if you don't have a sound reference specified, a selection sound will play every time the dialogue window opens. If you do have a sound reference specified, that will override the selection sound and you will only hear your sound ref.

As for the length of a battle cry, this is one of Anomen's:

"Long live the Most Noble Order of the Radiant Heart, for I draw from the pool of right and strike in their name!"

I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Heh. I know what you mean. Before I even wrote the joining dialogue, I wrote a 6-page life story, just to make sure I had it all down so I'd have adequate consistency, complete with the names of all the siblings, etc.

Archived