Can you please explain spheres?

Lord of Darkness

Spells are divided into spheres depending on what they do - for example, Cure Light Wounds is in the Healing sphere, while Charm Person is in the Charm sphere.

So, sphere access determines which spells you can cast. Major access means any spells in the sphere. Minor means levels 1 - 3.

Spheres are the priestly analogues of the Mage Schools. Just as wizard magic is split into various schools depending on effect and origin, so too are priest spells done the same way.

So, sphere access determines which spells you can cast. Major access means any spells in the sphere. Minor means levels 1 - 3.

I could be mistaken, but aren't we treating it as 1-4 for the purposes of the mod?

thanks alot guys, is there any info on what spells are included in what spheres? Some of those are kind of hard to figure what spells would be in them.

These are listed in the individual spell descriptions (in the game mind, not in the manual).

I could be mistaken, but aren't we treating it as 1-4 for the purposes of the mod?

Yes, you're mistaken. :) Minor sphere access is level 1-3 spells for the mod.

I posted an Excel spreadsheet in the list of clerical spell changes thread in which you can plug in sphere access and it generates a spell list for you.

Archived