'Spoil' the romances or not?

Domi

'Spoil' the romances or not?  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Obviously, as I am getting more and more romantic material, I'm getting more tempted to release the spoilers. The question is, does anyone care to see them? Will it affect your interest in the mod as a whole etc? ;)

I'd prefer not to know about romances at all, except perhaps for the names of the characters PC gets to romance, and even these in a "spoiler" thread. It spoils the pleasure quite a bit for me when I know what will happen ahead, or if I've already seen the lines.

Am I talented in creating the polls that split people 50-50% or what!

Okay, what I would spoil probably are the names, the type of the romance (ie 'bicker, bicker, true love'), and possibly a littl' bit of a dialogue.

I think you should 'spoil' with whom it is possible to develop what kind of 'relationship' to all those who are interested in it. The rest don't have to read the spoiler:) I, myself, am quite curious about Diriel... Is he even approachable?

I almost always play with elven females so no worries here^^'

About the rest.. I would say 'yes' but it depends on how much of the talks you would like to show. If only a little piece of what is in stuff for us, then I think it would prove rather helpful than discouraging for the players:)

Spoiling with names and types shouldn't be too bad, as it will let people "get ready" for the romance of their choice. I think one or two snippets from the LTs or flirts wouldn't go astray, but definitely mark them as spoilers so those who don't want to see them can avoid the threads

I'd spoil with the names of the potential romance partners and possiby a couple flirts, and nothing more.

If the relationship has unpleasant surprises in store, like Xan for a half-elf in BG1 or Xan in general for BG2, I wouldn't keep that a secret, or you might have a mutiny. Not saying you'd have to reveal every detail, just hint that things might not go as expected.

But I don't know if you'd want to go so far as to say that a romance with NPC A is going to be a bickering session, whereas a romance with NPC B is all wine and roses.

After all, are you really looking forward to fielding complaints from people who aren't getting any loving just because they have a party full of unromanceables?

I'll definetly have to get this info out once the public release is out, because I assume that a number of players would like to see say as many conflicts as possible, or on the opposite have an uninterrupted relationship. I'll give it a few more weeks, I think, till I finish the principal writing for the male PC romances.

I'm thinking that what I spoil will become more or less a general knowledge, just like most of players knew before playing BG2 that there will be the romances, and the names of the romanceable characters. So, maybe, names, and instead of the type of the romance the type of the PC the NPC is 'looking for', ie like in BG2 they generally said that Aeire like kindness, Jaheira - honesty, and Viconia - strength.

On the other hand, I think that how the NPCs that do not have the full romance will react to PC chosing flirtuous options in the friendship talks wll need to remain behind the curtain to be honest.

Flirts, I think will remain the 'work in progress' after the public release, as in I will have the basic flirt-packs put together for every character and if anyone wants additions I'll welcome them for the future versions (because it's kind of difficult to do it without seeing the romance, lol)

Archived