Edited save file to start romance, not working

Sandis84

Hi!

So I started play Baldurs Gate Tutu with the BG1 project installed and really enjoyed all the new dialogue. My plan was to initiate a romance with dynaheir, but after about 10h of gameplay I discovered that I couldnt be chaotic neutral, which I was, to get this romance. So I downloaded a BG2 save game editor, and changed my alignement to true neutral. I have now played for some additional time, more than enough for the romance to start, but nothing has happened.

Is there any way to fix this? I really dont want to restart the whole game. I have set the romance timer to 15 minutes.

Thanks

Dynaheir's romance does take time to start. If you check her romance match (a global called something like X#DynaheirRomanceMatch) and it is at 1, and her X#DynaRomanceActive at 1, RomanceInactive does not exist, it means everything goes well, she is just re-accessing your PC. ;)

Okay, thanks for the quick help. ;)

So if dynaheirs romance take time to start, does that timer just started now that I edited my alignment and we were a good match? Or did it start when she joined my team?

If it is the first case I would really like to speed things up, so I dont finish the game before the romance starts. Do you know how I can do this without messing things up? ;)

There is a variable called X#DYLOVETALKTIME. Maybe I should decrease/increare it? Or should I just leave my computer for like two hours? :D

Thanks

Nope, it's not going to screw up your game. Don't worry about the backup timer ;) If you really want to push next talk just set DYlovetalktime to 1, but really it should start coming now every 15 minutes, or if there are speciic conditions on the talk - once the conditions are met. Enjoy.

What?! Ah, damn it! I had no idea there was such a condition to the Dynaheir romance, that is, chaotic neutral = no sparks. I've been waiting for it to start for a while now, and nothing seemed to be happening. I guess I now know the reason for that.

And to think I rejected the advances of Branwen while waiting for something 'better'. Now I have no romance options left in my current party, and I'm missing out on a big part of the module's content. Unless there's a gay romance with Kagain available? ;) At this point I'm desperate enough to take anything I get, even if it's with the crusty old axe swinger. ;)

Oh yeah, muchos kudos for the professional quality work on the npc mod, btw. :D If I hadn't played BG before, I would've been hard pressed to make the distinction between the official game dialogue/content and the content that was added with the npc mod.

-EDIT-

BTW, Sandis, where did you find this BG2 save game editor? Would it be possible for you to post a link?

And to think I rejected the advances of Branwen while waiting for something 'better'. Now I have no romance options left in my current party, and I'm missing out on a big part of the module's content. Unless there's a gay romance with Kagain available? At this point I'm desperate enough to take anything I get, even if it's with the crusty old axe swinger.

You could always go and find Shar-Teel, and try to worm your way into her black little heart. She's hilarious, for a man hating amazon.

And to think I rejected the advances of Branwen while waiting for something 'better'. Now I have no romance options left in my current party, and I'm missing out on a big part of the module's content. Unless there's a gay romance with Kagain available? At this point I'm desperate enough to take anything I get, even if it's with the crusty old axe swinger.

You could always go and find Shar-Teel, and try to worm your way into her black little heart. She's hilarious, for a man hating amazon.

Hmm... Shar-Teel. Why not? She might not get along with anyone in my party other than Kagain (and possibly not even with him), but what the hell, it's worth a shot.

I could replace Minsc with her.... ;)

Where was she again? I seemed to have forgotten, other than that she was in the woods or wilderness, somewhere in the eastern parts of the map.

Ok, found her! The problem is.. I just can't get anywhere with her. I end up with her attacking me after no more than a few heated words exchanged, and me killing her on the spot. Also, even if I don't talk to her at all, she can't deal with my goody two shoes reputation (which is as high as 13 ;) ), and threatens to leave my group; again, leaving me with two options: let her go, or kill her.

So I guess I have nothing left but to try some kind of editor to perhaps restart the Branwen thing. How does that work, anyway, if someone wouldn't mind giving me a quick run through?

Guest Guest
Also, even if I don't talk to her at all, she can't deal with my goody two shoes reputation (which is as high as 13 ), and threatens to leave my group; again, leaving me with two options: let her go, or kill her.

Ah yes I forget that she will only romance characters with poor reputation.

My bad.

Sorry can't help with the romance editing.

Arrr.. no apology option for Branwen is forthcoming. And Shar Teel is simply impossible to handle. With her, it basically boils down to either

a) Make Shar Teel happy and everyone else miserable, or

b) Make everyone else happy, and Shar Teel extremely homicidal towards you.

Looks like I'm going to have to give that Shadow Keeper thing a go (even though I have absolutely no idea how it works), and hope it doesn't screw up my saves in any way. Is it compatible with Tutu?

Archived