Lovetalk after Adalon's change...

Bri

I am curious Bri, do you intend to do anything about Delainy's shapeshifting abilities while the party is given Drow appearance? It might seem a bit odd with a large werewolf in the midst of a Drow party... of course one might just decide that the illousion covers this too.

(I'm aware Bioware didn't do anything about this, but it would be interesting to see how Delainy would react to not being able to shapeshift).

By the way, nice lovetalk.

I would think if the subject came up, Delainy could be explained as a pet or a slave.

So far we haven't done anything in game to explain her shapechange. For the nitpickers, it really should be considered. I mean, I thought the same thing when my Druid/Shapeshifter was in werewolf form, and nothing different happened.

Werewolves would be pretty rare in the underdark, so I doubt most drow would even know what they are. A dark elf who changed into a huge hairy beast for a battle could always explain it as a spell or magic item.

Somehow, I don't think Del would be too happy with the "pet" explanation. ;)

I would tend to agree. Might be worth it though just to see the look on her face. mischief.gif Seriously though, either the illusion could cover it or change it to resemble a werebat. I know the Underdark has werebats though I can't recall what the Drow take on them is. In the end, if Bioware could gloss over it why not here? Sometimes you just gotta be willing to suspend your disbelief and let your imagination do the driving.

Mainly because one of the worst nitpickers of the mod is coding it. ;)

And that's a good thing Camdawg. Keeps me on my toes.

As for werecritters underground. The most prevalent ones are Werebadgers (dwarves), wererats, occasionally werespiders, and werebats. Werecritters usually don't weight to prevalently with the drow.

Werespiders!? Cripes. How popular are they with drow?

Knowing the drow, they probably love it...

As for the shapeshifting problem, as I recall you could spend most of the game in werewolf form and not a soul would actually mind, so doing nothing about it seems like the standard approach. Would be nice to have a dialogue about it, either her not being able to shapeshift, or the drow asking questions about it. I love the possiblity of a pet reference BTW :groucho: .

Werespiders are respected, if not actually involved too much with drow society. To them, most two-leggers are just blood sacks anyways.

And yes, when I first played, it was as a shapeshifter druid, and 90% of the time I did stay in werewolf form, and nothing was said. Bit weird, actually.

True enough from a realistic perspective, but having to make seperate dialogues (or putting in mentions of it all the time) for a shapeshifted character would be a huge amount of work. In fact, I'm wondering how you are handling this issue... Initiating conversation with a shapeshifted character is not possible (at least from a players perspective, don't know for npc's), but triggered dialogues still go off. Having romance dialogues (in general) in shapeshifted form seems a bit, well, strange to me.

True enough from a realistic perspective, but having to make seperate dialogues (or putting in mentions of it all the time) for a shapeshifted character would be a huge amount of work. In fact, I'm wondering how you are handling this issue... Initiating conversation with a shapeshifted character is not possible (at least from a players perspective, don't know for npc's), but triggered dialogues still go off. Having romance dialogues (in general) in shapeshifted form seems a bit, well, strange to me.

For the romance, if Del is in werewolf form, or wolf form, she simply will not speak. Except for the big talks like the Tree of Life.

Mainly because one of the worst nitpickers of the mod is coding it. tongue.gif

Ah. Well, yes, that would do it. So long as one of them is in your midst I'll stop trying to make things easier. tongue.gif

True enough from a realistic perspective, but having to make seperate dialogues (or putting in mentions of it all the time) for a shapeshifted character would be a huge amount of work.

Well I suppose if someone was feeling really productive, a mod could be made along these lines. Appending the dialogue would probably be simple enough, it's the sheer amount of appending that would be daunting.

Archived