Where do you find Amber?

Guest Pang.Bang.Boom =)

Guest Pang.Bang.Boom =)

Helloo erybody! ;)

Maybe it's just me being totally BLIND (this is probably the most likely theory :D ) when I was looking at Amber's website, I never found any info on WHERE you can find her in the game.

So here's my question: where can you find Amber in SoA? ;)

Thanks for your answers

preciate it! :D;)

There's actually a cool little mini-quest to find her. It's a work of genius, so I don't want to give too much away.

All I'll say is that when you start a new game, the first time you go to the government district, you might want to either rescue Viconia or pop some popcorn and watch the burning. But stay well away from Jan. Then, take a leisurely stroll through the city, taking in the sights in some of the more... *ahem*... colorful parts of town. You might hear some some interesting gossip.

Guest CheeseKnife

Is there any chance you could just be explicit about how to go about getting her? I didn't actually install the Amber mod until after I'd saved Viconia. I kind of plan on using Amber, and would rather not have to wander 'round indefinitely without a thief until the quest pops up.

I've been around most of Athkatla without seeing anything, not knowing quite what a "colorful" part of town refers to. Have I ruined it by dealing with Viconia before installing her? :)

I think not, on the contrary, you *need* to deal with Viconia first, otherwise Amber is not available. It goes like this:

*spoilerish*

1) Deal with Viconia,

2) Go to the Slums during daytime, a couple of kids talk to you next to the Copper Coronet,

3) Go to the Government District, the Prison. Talk to the guard. He'll send you to get a paper from inspector Brega.

4) Do everything the inspector says and return for Amber.

That's it.

Guest CheeseKnife

Hmm, well there are definitely no children outside the Copper Coronet, or anywhere else around the slums (during the daytime). Maybe you misinterpreted what I said. Here's the order in which I did things:

1) Dealt with Viconia.

2) Installed the Amber mod.

3) Went to the slums, failed to find the children.

Ultimately, it's not the end of the world if I have to restart. I guess that you need her install to have been done before Viconia.

I think not, on the contrary, you *need* to deal with Viconia first, otherwise Amber is not available. It goes like this:

*spoilerish*

1) Deal with Viconia,

2) Go to the Slums during daytime, a couple of kids talk to you next to the Copper Coronet,

3) Go to the Government District, the Prison. Talk to the guard. He'll send you to get a paper from inspector Brega.

4) Do everything the inspector says and return for Amber.

That's it.

1) Dealt with Viconia.

2) Installed the Amber mod.

3) Went to the slums, failed to find the children.

Maybe the children spawn randomly?... :) I had found them at one of the Docks' entrances (the western one), not in the Slums....

Guest Guest
I would hazard a guess that installing Amber before visiting the government district is needed.

Sorry for barging in here, being a complete stranger and all but you don't need to avoid the Government District, I just installed the mod and it worked fine.

I would hazard a guess that installing Amber before visiting the government district is needed.

Sorry for barging in here, being a complete stranger and all but you don't need to avoid the Government District, I just installed the mod and it worked fine.

Yeah, that right. (I thought that I answered to this already, but looks like I didn't or the post has disappeared. ;) ) Government District is one of the so called master areas (just like, say, Copper Coronet area) listed in the mastarea.2da file. It's perfectly okay to add things to those areas even if you have already visited the area in your current game. Sub-areas, like the prison, are a different matter.

Archived