multiplayer settings

Guest Guest_Romulas_*

Guest Guest_Romulas_*

Forgive me if this information has been mentioned before but I check the multiplayer FAQ and some other threads and couldn't find what I needed.

I seemed to have stumbled into the multiplayer romance by accident, meaning that when I installed amber I of course installed the first part but when it asked to install the multi-romance part I said no. At the bottom of this message I will cut and paste that part of the weidu file.

So, I was alittle shocked when amber started all the dialogues with the character in the second slot. I started a multiplayer game with two of my own characters.

My question is this, is there a variable or set of variables that would guide amber back to my main pc? I looked at the variables with shadowkeeper but nothing was obvious.

Thanks for any help.

Romulas

Weidu file

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name

~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Infinite Weapon, Potion and Ring/Amulet Stacking

~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #3 // True Grand Mastery (extra half-attack, etc.) (Baldurdash)

~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #4 // Shut Up "You Must Gather Your Party Before Venturing Forth"

~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #5 // Faster Chapter 1&2 Cut-Scenes and Dreams (Karzak, Blucher) (SEE WARNINGS)

~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #6 // Wear Magical Armor AND Magic Rings (etc.)

~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #9 // Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table, Saving Throws, Grand-Mastery, and Arcane, Divine Spell Progression (Blucher)

~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #10 // XP Cap Remover

~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #11 // Allow Multi-Player Created NPCs to "Wait Here" When Kicked Out

~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #13 // Unlimited Bag of Holding (Blucher)

~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #15 // Bonus Merchants (Baldurdash)

~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #17 // No Drow Avatars On Party In Underdark

~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #18 // Imoen ToB Dialogue Fix

~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #20 // Female Edwina

~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #21 // Romance: Bug Fixes (required for later components).

~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #26 // Low Reputation Store Discount (Sabre)

~SETUP-DUNGEONBEGONE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Dungeon Be Gone V1.3

~AURENASEPH/SETUP-AURENASEPH.TP2~ #0 #0 // Auren Aseph V4 for BG2:SoA

~AURENASEPH/SETUP-AURENASEPH.TP2~ #0 #2 // Alternate Auren Portrait -> Portrait 2 (From Neverwinter Nights)

~SETUP-YASRAENA.TP2~ #0 #0 // Yasraena v7 (BG2:SoA & TOB NPC) created by nethrin & Sillara of the Tamari

~SETUP-ROLLES.TP2~ #1 #0 // Rolles Safyer

~SETUP-ROLLES.TP2~ #1 #1 // Bag of Holding in Irenicus Dungeon

~TELEPORT/TELEPORT.TP2~ #1 #0 // Teleport spell for BG2:SoA

~TELEPORT/TELEPORT.TP2~ #1 #1 // Teleport spell for BG2:ToB

~SETUP-PLANARSPHEREMOD.TP2~ #0 #0 // PlanarSphereMod v2.0

~SETUP-PSTELE.TP2~ #0 #0 // PlanarSphere_Return_v2 Weidu

~GBTHFKP.TP2~ #0 #0 // Expanded Thief Stronghold

~GBTHFKP.TP2~ #0 #1 // Enhanced Random Encounters (w/Kensai Ryu, ToB req.)

~SETUP-TZSHOP01.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Magnificient Magic Shop

~SETUP-TASHIA.TP2~ #0 #0 // Tashia NPC Mod -> Full version (ToB required)

~SETUP-TASHIA.TP2~ #0 #2 // Tashia Add-on Pack by Bri and Lord Ernie (English only, Tashia ToB Required) -> Action Style dialogues

~SETUP-TASHIA.TP2~ #0 #5 // Alternate portrait for Tashia. -> Tashia's Alternate Portrait 2.

~SETUP-WIKAEDE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Wikaede One-Day NPC v3.4

~STAR.TP2~ #0 #0 // SilverStar Mod

~SETUP-AMBER.TP2~ #0 #0 // Amber the NPC MOD for BGII:SoA

~SETUP-IMPROVEDANVIL.TP2~ #0 #0 // Improved Anvil for SOA & TOB

Amber would normally only romance player2 if you had that component installed and player1 was not a match for Amber.

That said, what is your player1 gender and charisma?

If you want to force Amber to romance player1, set m#ambermatch to 1.

If the variable is at 3, she is suitable for player2. At 4, she will romance noone. Forgot what 2 stood for.

Guest Guest
Amber would normally only romance player2 if you had that component installed and player1 was not a match for Amber.

That said, what is your player1 gender and charisma?

If you want to force Amber to romance player1, set m#ambermatch to 1.

If the variable is at 3, she is suitable for player2. At 4, she will romance noone. Forgot what 2 stood for.

Thanks for the help, my pc is a elven fighter/mage with a charisma of 16 or so. I will check that to make sure though.

Romulas

The second component of the Amber NPC mod is called "multiplayer friendly flirting". Like the name indicates and the readme file explains installing the second component causes the player initiated dialogue (click-talks) and Amber initiated flirts not to pause the game. While that's something I want, I made the component optional because most players seem to want that all dialogue to pauses the game.

The player 2 romance is always available, regardless if you install the second component or not.

Then why did Amber start to romance player 2 instead the protagonist? By default Amber will always try to romance the protagonist, if he's a male with intelligence 12 or more and charisma 12 or more. If one of the requirements is not met and there's another PC in the player2 slot, who meets the gender and stat requirements Amber will try to romance him.

Even if the Protagonist meets the requirements, you can 'push' Amber to the player2 romance during the joining dialogue. If you choose the "Amber, I would like you to meet <PLAYER2>. I think you two might find each other interesting." -dialogue option Amber will start the romance with player2. The dialogue option isn't available if player2 doesn't meet the requirements.

I guess that you either chose that dialogue option during the joining dialogue, or that your protagonist's stats were increased after you installed Amber. Other than that I can't explain why she would go after player2 like that.

Anyhow, setting M#AmberMatch GLOBAL to 1 if it's now 3 will put her back to the romance track with the protagonist. There shouldn't be any odd side effects especially if the romance hasn't proceed too far.

Archived