Bug Reports for Version 1.1 Beta

berelinde

Nothing I can do about that. The two events are separate. The talking letter is introduced by BG1 NPC, not by BG1. In order for Gavin to comment on it as the BG1 NPC npcs do, I would have to require that BG1 NPC be installed. I'm not really willing to do that. I tried putting a timer on it, but it wound up not working at all, so I had to abandon that idea. If it's enough of an issue, I suppose I could still go back to the timer idea, but I have a feeling that if I wait until the BG1 NPC npcs have all had a shot at commentary, I'll just be answering bug reports about why Gavin never comments on something as important as Gorion's letter.

When it comes to that, I just can't win.

It isn't important, just wasn't sure if you know and was trying to help.

I wasn't sure if it was suppose to happen that way. It really isn't a big deal

If you did a fresh installation, did you remember to apply the patch?

Nope, no fresh install! I was too lazy...Blush.gif

If you didn't do a fresh installation, you've probably got scrambled strings, and, as I neglected to assign a hotkey to fix the strings without resorting to PID, this might not be an option.

During the installation, are you absolutely certain you chose to install PIDs? If not, you can rerun the installation for just that part.

Well, you see, there's the rub. I have the PID files, in the PID folder in Gavin, but when I installed V1.1, it never asked me to install the PIDs. That's so bizarre, it just hit mit an hour ago.

If it's any help, here's my WeiDU log, which clearly shows a very disturbing absence of PID which might answer my question:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name
~BG1NPC_PORTRAIT_PACK/BG1NPC_PORTRAIT_PACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Copy all portraits for use by player characters
~BG1NPC_PORTRAIT_PACK/BG1NPC_PORTRAIT_PACK.TP2~ #0 #6 // Alternate Coran Portrait -> BioWare edit by Tancred and NiGHTMARE
~EASYTUTUDEGREENIFIER.TP2~ #0 #0 // EasyTutu Degreenifier
~SETUP-SIRINESCALL.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Lure of the Sirine's Call
~SETUP-INDINPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // Indira NPC for BG1Tutu
~SETUP-FINCHNPCV3.TP2~ #0 #0 // Finch NPC for Tutu v3.0
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #1 // The Mysterious Vial
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #2 // Additional Elminster Encounter
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #3 // Angelo Notices Shar-teel
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #4 // Finishable Kagain Caravan Quest
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #5 // Coran and the Wyverns
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #7 // Branwen and Tranzig
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #9 // Appropriate Albert and Rufie Reward
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #10 // Place Entar Silvershield in His Home
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #25 // Elven Charm and Sleep Racial Immunity
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #26 // The Original Saga Music Playlist Corrections
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #27 // Sarevok's Diary Corrections
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications for v12
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #1 // The BG1 NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #3 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Imoen her BG2 portrait.
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #6 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Viconia her BG2 portrait.
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #7 // The BG1 NPC Project: Add Non-Joinable NPC portraits to quests and dialogues
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #8 // The BG1 NPC Project: Coran's Romance Core (adult content)
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #9 // The BG1 NPC Project: Dynaheir's Romance Core (teen content)
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #10 // The BG1 NPC Project: Shar-Teel Relationship Core (adult content)
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #11 // The BG1 NPC Project: Branwen's Romance Core (teen content)
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #12 // The BG1 NPC Project: Xan's Romance Core (teen content)
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #13 // The BG1 NPC Project: Ajantis Romance Core (teen content)
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #14 // The BG1 NPC Project: Female Romance Challenges, Ajantis vs Xan vs Coran
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #18 // Romance Timers -> Coran's Romance Speed (15 minutes)
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #23 // Romance Timers -> Dynaheir's Romance Speed (15 minutes)
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #28 // Romance Timers -> Xan's Romance Speed (15 minutes)
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #33 // Romance Timers -> Shar-Teel's Relationship Speed (15 minutes)
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #38 // Romance Timers -> Branwen's Romance Speed (15 minutes)
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #43 // Romance Timers -> Ajantis' Romance Speed (15 minutes)
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #45 // The BG1 NPC Project: NPCs can be sent to wait in an inn.
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #47 // The BG1 NPC Project: Alora's Starting Location. -> Alora Starts in Gullykin.
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #49 // The BG1 NPC Project: Eldoth's Starting Location. -> Eldoth Starts on the Coast Way.
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #51 // The BG1 NPC Project: Quayle's Starting Location. -> Quayle Starts at the Nashkel Carnival.
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #53 // The BG1 NPC Project: Tiax's Starting Location. -> Tiax Starts in Beregost.
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #54 // Jason Compton's Accelerated Banter Script.
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #55 // The BG1 NPC Project: Make Shar-Teel Unkillable until In Party
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #56 // Check for TutuFix Walking Speeds & patch BG1NPC creatures
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #200 // The BG1 NPC Project: Player-Initiated Dialogues
// Recently Uninstalled: ~GAVIN/GAVIN.TP2~ #0 #9 // Alternate Portraits -> Alternate Portrait 1 by berelinde (default)
// Recently Uninstalled: ~GAVIN/GAVIN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Gavin v 1.1 beta
// Recently Uninstalled: ~GAVIN/GAVIN.TP2~ #0 #1 // Gavin Romance (adult content)
// Recently Uninstalled: ~GAVIN/GAVIN.TP2~ #0 #5 // Romance Timers -> Gavin's Romance Speed (15 minutes)
// Recently Uninstalled: ~GAVIN/GAVIN.TP2~ #0 #7 // Flirts
// Recently Uninstalled: ~GAVIN/GAVIN.TP2~ #0 #8 // Check for Tutu-Fix Walking Speeds
~GAVIN/GAVIN.TP2~ #0 #9 // Alternate Portraits -> Alternate Portrait 1 by berelinde (default)
~GAVIN/GAVIN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Gavin v 1.1 beta
~GAVIN/GAVIN.TP2~ #0 #1 // Gavin Romance (adult content)
~GAVIN/GAVIN.TP2~ #0 #5 // Romance Timers -> Gavin's Romance Speed (15 minutes)
~GAVIN/GAVIN.TP2~ #0 #7 // Flirts
~GAVIN/GAVIN.TP2~ #0 #8 // Check for Tutu-Fix Walking Speeds

I've launched the Gavin setup file again, and nope, it never prompts me to install the flirts. That's so odd... :)

Bummer. I don't know why it would not let you install the PIDs separately. Very strange.

But the lack of them in the WeiDU log definitely means that they aren't there.

Maybe you could uninstall the mod completely and then reinstall it as two separate actions?

In the meantime, maybe some code gurus can have a look at the relevant lines from the tp2 and tell me why this is not reinstalling during a regular reinstallation:

/////////////////////////////////
/////////// Install PID /////////

/* Always keep last in the tp2 */

BEGIN ~Player Initiated Dialogue~

REQUIRE_COMPONENT ~Gavin.tp2~ 0 ~You need to have Gavin installed to select this option.~
 COMPILE ~GAVIN/PID/PIDnight.d~
 COMPILE ~GAVIN/PID/B!GavinPID.d~
 EXTEND_BOTTOM ~B!GAVIND.bcs~ ~GAVIN/PID/PIDinitD.baf~

The best bet in this whole deal is to do a full and complete rebuild of EasyTutu (You did make copies of your override and dialog.tlk, right :) ). I have run into this before with flag files, where two versions get mashed together and cause oddities.

The proof of the problem would be to see the SETUP_GAVIN.DEBUG. My bet is that the REQUIRE_COMPONENT ~Gavin.tp2~ 0 ~You need to have Gavin installed to select this option.~ would show choakage.

I would also suggest doing the flag-file thing and changing this to R_F or I_F_E_I_G or even REQUIRE_PREDICATE, so that it doesn't rely on the tp2 entries.

To the original poster, you were going to run into problems regardless with this install. If you want just the mods you have listed, I suggest running them in this order:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name

~BG1NPC_PORTRAIT_PACK/BG1NPC_PORTRAIT_PACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Copy all portraits for use by player characters
~BG1NPC_PORTRAIT_PACK/BG1NPC_PORTRAIT_PACK.TP2~ #0 #6 // Alternate Coran Portrait -> BioWare edit by Tancred and NiGHTMARE

~EASYTUTUDEGREENIFIER.TP2~ #0 #0 // EasyTutu Degreenifier

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #1 // The Mysterious Vial
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #2 // Additional Elminster Encounter
// Conflicts with BG1 NPC, more content in the same vein in BG1 NPC, so don't install it :: ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #3 // Angelo Notices Shar-teel
// Conflicts with BG1 NPC, more content in the same vein in BG1 NPC, so don't install it :: ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #4 // Finishable Kagain Caravan Quest
// Conflicts with BG1 NPC, more content in the same vein in BG1 NPC, so don't install it :: ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #5 // Coran and the Wyverns
// Conflicts with BG1 NPC, more content in the same vein in BG1 NPC, so don't install it :: ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #7 // Branwen and Tranzig
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #9 // Appropriate Albert and Rufie Reward
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #10 // Place Entar Silvershield in His Home
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #25 // Elven Charm and Sleep Racial Immunity
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #26 // The Original Saga Music Playlist Corrections
// Overwritten by BG1 NPC, so no use installing it :: ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #27 // Sarevok's Diary Corrections

~SETUP-SIRINESCALL.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Lure of the Sirine's Call

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications for v12
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #1 // The BG1 NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #3 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Imoen her BG2 portrait.
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #6 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Viconia her BG2 portrait.
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #7 // The BG1 NPC Project: Add Non-Joinable NPC portraits to quests and dialogues
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #8 // The BG1 NPC Project: Coran's Romance Core (adult content)
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #9 // The BG1 NPC Project: Dynaheir's Romance Core (teen content)
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #10 // The BG1 NPC Project: Shar-Teel Relationship Core (adult content)
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #11 // The BG1 NPC Project: Branwen's Romance Core (teen content)
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #12 // The BG1 NPC Project: Xan's Romance Core (teen content)
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #13 // The BG1 NPC Project: Ajantis Romance Core (teen content)
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #14 // The BG1 NPC Project: Female Romance Challenges, Ajantis vs Xan vs Coran
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #18 // Romance Timers -> Coran's Romance Speed (15 minutes)
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #23 // Romance Timers -> Dynaheir's Romance Speed (15 minutes)
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #28 // Romance Timers -> Xan's Romance Speed (15 minutes)
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #33 // Romance Timers -> Shar-Teel's Relationship Speed (15 minutes)
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #38 // Romance Timers -> Branwen's Romance Speed (15 minutes)
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #43 // Romance Timers -> Ajantis' Romance Speed (15 minutes)
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #45 // The BG1 NPC Project: NPCs can be sent to wait in an inn.
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #47 // The BG1 NPC Project: Alora's Starting Location. -> Alora Starts in Gullykin.
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #49 // The BG1 NPC Project: Eldoth's Starting Location. -> Eldoth Starts on the Coast Way.
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #51 // The BG1 NPC Project: Quayle's Starting Location. -> Quayle Starts at the Nashkel Carnival.
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #53 // The BG1 NPC Project: Tiax's Starting Location. -> Tiax Starts in Beregost.
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #54 // Jason Compton's Accelerated Banter Script.
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #55 // The BG1 NPC Project: Make Shar-Teel Unkillable until In Party
//Don't use it, as you don't have Walking Speeds installed! :: ~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #56 // Check for TutuFix Walking Speeds & patch BG1NPC creatures
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #200 // The BG1 NPC Project: Player-Initiated Dialogues

~SETUP-INDINPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // Indira NPC for BG1Tutu

~SETUP-FINCHNPCV3.TP2~ #0 #0 // Finch NPC for Tutu v3.0

~GAVIN/GAVIN.TP2~ #0 #9 // Alternate Portraits -> Alternate Portrait 1 by berelinde (default)
~GAVIN/GAVIN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Gavin v 1.1 beta
~GAVIN/GAVIN.TP2~ #0 #1 // Gavin Romance (adult content)
~GAVIN/GAVIN.TP2~ #0 #5 // Romance Timers -> Gavin's Romance Speed (15 minutes)
~GAVIN/GAVIN.TP2~ #0 #7 // Flirts

//Don't use it, as you don't have Walking Speeds installed! ::  GAVIN/GAVIN.TP2~ #0 #8 // Check for Tutu-Fix Walking Speeds

On the good front, if you grab the latest EasyTutu and Hotfixes, and do a quick install, berelinde can PM you the internal site for BG1 NPC and you can try out the install again, this time with the latest BG1 NPC stuff, too :D Hopefully, that will take the sting out of a need to reinstall...

You did make copies of your override and dialog.tlk, right :D ).

Well, um... duh!! ;)

To the original poster, you were going to run into problems regardless with this install. If you want just the mods you have listed, I suggest running them in this order:

I figured that my install order wasn't exactly the best way to go, but I had done this back when I hadn't figured out how to have WeiDU update itself, so I had installed all the mods according to the WeiDU version number (like 185 before195). Yes, I know, it sounds silly, but... that's just the way it is. Blush.gif

In the meantime, in response to Berelinde, I tried unistalling and reinstalling, but no luck. No biggee, I'm just gonna go with what Cmorgan says. That just means that my little report on the variables will be slightly delayed! ;)

On the good front, if you grab the latest EasyTutu and Hotfixes, and do a quick install, berelinde can PM you the internal site for BG1 NPC and you can try out the install again, this time with the latest BG1 NPC stuff, too :) Hopefully, that will take the sting out of a need to reinstall...

That's odd, I was fairly certain I had the latest version, V12Beta3 for BG1NPC, and V4 for Tutu...

Nope - tell you what - I'll pm you a link m'self. Give me a moment to update my master copy and run a test install, and I can have a latest/greatest Internal, not for distribution, but with shiny new bugfixes (and ice sculptures! :) )

I'll move that to a R_F for the next version. I'm copying a file to the override just for that purpose anyway.

I stole that line from Mur'Neth, but Mur'Neth isn't as tricky as Gavin. That sounds so absolutely funny.

Changed the tp2 to the following. I don't know why I didn't change the PID to a REQUIRE_FILE. I changed every other component to that. Brain fart. Sorry.

/////////// Install PID /////////

/* Always keep last in the tp2 */

BEGIN ~Player Initiated Dialogue~

REQUIRE_FILE ~override/GavinNPC.B~ ~You need to have Gavin installed to select this option.~
 COMPILE ~GAVIN/PID/PIDnight.d~
 COMPILE ~GAVIN/PID/B!GavinPID.d~
 EXTEND_BOTTOM ~B!GAVIND.bcs~ ~GAVIN/PID/PIDinitD.baf~

I'll move that to a R_F for the next version. I'm copying a file to the override just for that purpose anyway.

I stole that line from Mur'Neth, but Mur'Neth isn't as tricky as Gavin. That sounds so absolutely funny.

Changed the tp2 to the following. I don't know why I didn't change the PID to a REQUIRE_FILE. I changed every other component to that. Brain fart. Sorry.

Latest internal up; check your PMs, Eleima

Thanks a bunch, you two!! I'll be up and running in no time!! (And you'll have that spreadsheet, Berelinde, I swear it! :) ) Plus, I'll now have a install order that actually obeys the rule: Fixpacks/Quest Mods/NPC mods/Tweak Mods, in that order.Blush.gif

EDIT: Ack! Just did a whole clean install (didn't take *that* long after all), and now Gavin is identified by "I am sorry I made a shallow comment on your past", or approximate. Ack!

But when I started a new game, there was only one Gavin at the temple, no evil twin, and he was called Gavin. Well, guess it should be stable from now on! Thanks!!!

I see that the problem with the two thugs from Gavin's third quest has already been addressed, the same happened to me. I also noticed that each of they carried for battle axes each, that was funny.

Secondly, I went on top of the Iron Throne building and got a little easter egg dialogue there. From there, I went straight down to the sewers and tried to talk to Gavin several times (normal PID), but still got the easter egg dialogue instead of the flirts. The only thing that helped was to load a save game and avoid going on top of the Throne.

I told Gavin that I want him and rested ( :) ) in an inn (the upper floor of the Elfsong inn) and got the dialogue "The others are asleep, and it's your turn to watch". First of all, I don't understand why the would have to watch in an inn, this sounds more like an outdoor dialogue to me. Secondly, there's something wrong with Khalid and Jaheira. I get one option for Jaheira ("Jaheira's on watch, we might as well"), but two for Khalid ("It's actually Khalid's watch, so we might as well" and "No, Gavin, it's Khalid's watch. You know how he felt about Jaheira"). I don't know why I get the second option, Jaheira is alive and doing fine. :D

Guest Guest
I also noticed that each of they carried for battle axes each, that was funny.

First of all, I don't understand why the would have to watch in an inn, this sounds more like an outdoor dialogue to me.

Sorry, I meant "each of them carried four battle axes each" and "they would have to watch".

I finally got around to starting a new game with the fixed beta :)

After finally getting around to the temple (grumbling all the while because my game froze...damn wizard at the Friendly Arm inn...), what do I see but...

TWO Gavins.

That little voice in the back of my mind starting making Doublemint Gum jokes. :D

I have no idea what caused it, so I just took one and went on my way.

I see that the problem with the two thugs from Gavin's third quest has already been addressed, the same happened to me. I also noticed that each of they carried for battle axes each, that was funny.

I know what you mean. It's because dummy has so much trouble with CREs. I went and equipped them, forgot that I did, and then re-equipped them in the tp2 during installation. I'll get around to fixing this one of these days.

Secondly, I went on top of the Iron Throne building and got a little easter egg dialogue there. From there, I went straight down to the sewers and tried to talk to Gavin several times (normal PID), but still got the easter egg dialogue instead of the flirts. The only thing that helped was to load a save game and avoid going on top of the Throne.
Oops. I see what I did. Sorry 'bout that.

I told Gavin that I want him and rested ( :) ) in an inn (the upper floor of the Elfsong inn) and got the dialogue "The others are asleep, and it's your turn to watch". First of all, I don't understand why the would have to watch in an inn, this sounds more like an outdoor dialogue to me. Secondly, there's something wrong with Khalid and Jaheira. I get one option for Jaheira ("Jaheira's on watch, we might as well"), but two for Khalid ("It's actually Khalid's watch, so we might as well" and "No, Gavin, it's Khalid's watch. You know how he felt about Jaheira"). I don't know why I get the second option, Jaheira is alive and doing fine. :D
Yeah, the only time you'll get the inn rest banters is when you actually pay for a room. The rest of the time, you'll get the dungeon banters, because they aren't outside and aren't at an inn. I know it's funny to be resting in an actual inn and get the dungeon banter, but I don't want to add another 20 or so areas to that list by including the second floors. That would make it bog down too much.

But I will look into the one about Jaheira. There are supposed to be different dialogue options if Jaheira is or is not dead (same with Jaheira's, but backward). Somehow, the !Dead check is failing. Don't know why.

Archived