Bug Reports for Version 1.1 Beta

berelinde

TWO Gavins.

That little voice in the back of my mind starting making Doublemint Gum jokes. :)

I have no idea what caused it, so I just took one and went on my way.

Argh. Still? I thought I'd fixed that.

Oh, well, I'll just check again. You should probably avoid accepting more than one into your party :D

newest BG1 NPC (+ my own next set of fixes to BG1 NPC - didn't even kick the tires or check under Gavin's hood, just put him in the order and picked himup), untouched install,

Only one Gavin waiting for me, nice touches on the vestibule and drunk - and I like the lack of DSH on join. Headed to Nashkel early with Gavin, Kivan(Archer), Jaheira, Khalid(Fighter), Imoen(Swashbuckler), Aldaron(HalfElf Fighter/Invoker). Looking good - ultimate nitpick: picked up Miriane's letter quest before going and picking up Gavin, and on return to get the ring Miriane thanks Gavin, but didn't say anything about it beforeand. No problem here, I was happy with it, but I know you have a definite style for Gavin's talks, and it looks like a perfect place to set an area variable for Gavin not being there at the start, do she can comment on her old friend showing up unexpectedly with news of the husband.

cool stuff :)

Maybe this isn't a "bug" but I'm not sure. I'm doing Durlag's Tower. I did the upper levels, then went to the merchant to sell stuff. Reed came and said her piece. Then I rested, and went back into DT. As soon as we are inside Gavin asks if we could step outside for a bit of air. So, I take us outside. Nothing. I rest outside of the tower. Nothing. PID is normal.

Is this a problem? Does Gavin not recognize the outside of DT to be "outside?"

Maybe this isn't a "bug" but I'm not sure. I'm doing Durlag's Tower. I did the upper levels, then went to the merchant to sell stuff. Reed came and said her piece. Then I rested, and went back into DT. As soon as we are inside Gavin asks if we could step outside for a bit of air. So, I take us outside. Nothing. I rest outside of the tower. Nothing. PID is normal.

Is this a problem? Does Gavin not recognize the outside of DT to be "outside?"

No, but I'd consider wearing something special next time you rest.

The reason you got that is because the meeting with Reed can only take place outside, and there is a second condition on that one besides a timer expiry. When I wrote the script for that hint, I completely forgot to include a check for that second variable, so he'll give a reminder even if Reed has already shown up. You can safely ignore it and carry on.

From the tp2, at the end of the romance component:

//Popup ReadMe on install command
AT_INTERACTIVE_EXIT ~GAVIN/ReadMe-Gavin.html~

//GAVIN'S SOUNDS
ACTION_IF ("%WEIDU_ARCH%" STRING_COMPARE_CASE "x86" = 0) THEN BEGIN // if Windows

AT_NOW				   ~GAVIN/GavinAudioInstall.bat~   // install...
 AT_INTERACTIVE_UNINSTALL ~GAVIN/GavinAudioUninstall.bat~ // ... and uninstall

END ELSE BEGIN // linux or OS X

AT_NOW				   ~sh GAVIN/gavin-audio-install.sh~   // install...
 AT_INTERACTIVE_UNINSTALL ~sh GAVIN/gavin-audio-uninstall.sh~ // ... and uninstall

END

You may want to tuck this somewhere so that the folks who do not install the romances still pop the readme and have sounds assigned to Gavin :) I was worried, and went searching - my override had none of his .wav files.

Not sure if this is a bug, but the Inn in Ulgoth's beard is giving me the wrong dialogue when I rest after telling Gavin that "I want him". I'm getting that one about being on watch (which doesn't make a lot of sense as I doubt they set a watch while at an inn).

Yeah, I didn't add that inn to the list, because I wasn't sure I could, as it is a ToSC area, but it turns out that I can, so I will.

But if you sleep on the second floor, he'll still want to keep watch.

Bertram's three associates (Spike, Crusher, and Plato) sit there and let my party beat on them during the big battle. It's possible that this is caused by the 50 billion skeletons Bertram summons early on in the fight (as they end up crowding half the room).

If the 4 battle axes on the thugs amuses, I've got something even more amusing: Bertram was carrying 9999 onyx rings when he was killed. ;)

berelinde Edit: CODED

The thugs just stand there looking stupid because dummy can't write AI script. This will be fixed for the next version, if I have to pay someone to write it for me.

Edit: CODED

Yeah, the skeletons are a bit of fun, but that's supposed to happen.

9999 Onyx rings? ;) Good gods, I'm surprised that didn't crash the game. I'm going to have to fix that one pronto. :D

Edit: CODED

But I am having giggle fits about it, because I was just rereading a post about Ajantis proposing again and again, complete with a new ring each time.

Maybe Bertram was planning to propose? ;)

Well, consider yourself enriched. That had to be worth something.

LTs fire in the Firewine Bridge ruins, for some reason...not sure why.

When talking to Penny, if you give her 500 gold and then pick the third option, you don't get a journal entry. "General information has been added." appears in the window, but all you get is the entry date.

berelinde Edit: CODED

On a side note, Valeria's portrait bothers me, because I remember having it for PC use a long while ago, but somehow it was deleted from my comp. Now I can't find where I found it! ;)

Well, consider yourself enriched. That had to be worth something.

249975 gp, to be exact. ;) Thought it'd crash my game getting them all out of Immy's gem bag at once, but it only lagged a minute.

Archived