Does Kivan detect for a Xan romance w/o crossmod?

I'd been planning on a bonded path Xan run with a Kivan friendship, but it looks like Kivan's romance is working. Some of his talks are suggestive, anyway.

I was wondering if Kivan detects for an active Xan romance. If not, I might not have to try out Solaufein after all.

*SPOILERS*, you know?

Kivan detects for Xan's romance: if it is a non-bonded romance, KivanLove drops by a bit(-3), but they still can continue side by side. It's very convenient for a PC, actually: a certain Spellhold scene with Xan happens very soon after Kivan realizes that Deheriana is deader than dead. When XanRomanceActive goes to 3, KivanLove goes higher by the same bit(+3), so it's really no problem to have them together. The problem starts in ToB, if you don't tell either of them to bug off.

For a bonded romance, KivanLove variable drops by a significantly larger amount(-10). However, it is still possible to have Xan bonded path and Kivan Romance in ToB, especially since KivanLove rises immediately after Xan's death(+5). (Why do I keep thinking about Khalid's death and Jaheira romance here?)

Xan doesn't detect for any custom romances: I prefer to use Grim's "romance conflicts" component from the Crossmod Banter Pack, so I don't have to update my files every time a new romance mod is released.

Xan doesn't detect for any custom romances: I prefer to use Grim's "romance conflicts" component from the Crossmod Banter Pack, so I don't have to update my files every time a new romance mod is released.

Yeah, and I don't know if Xan (or Kivan) are in v4. I don't have it installed anyway, but I'll be installing v5...

Anyway, if ever there was a case for selectively excluding a relationship from the Cross-Mod auto-kill, it would be the bonded Xan/Kivan one, for reasons too spoilerish to discuss.

I would definitely kill Kivan romance off, if Xan's bonded path is active, so I would actually prefer if it was included into the Crossmod auto-kill component. I mean, if Kivan wouldn't have a relationship with the PC, if Deheriana is alive in Arvanaith, would he think less of the PC?

Oh, I won't argue with that! My comment was from purely a technical standpoint, *not* a role-playing one. And unlike poor Deheriana, Xan expects that he will one day be united with the PC in Arvandor.

No, I will not resort to talking about Xan's part of this question on the thread about Kivan's half. So I'm going to head over to Xan's half and talk about Xan's expectations for the PC's spiritual destination.

Yeah, that's the downside for having two threads on the same question. :)

Anyway, my proposal on the technical side(either for inclusion into the Crossmod Banter Pack, or into Kivan v8):

1) include a crossmod check for Kivan and Xan romances in ToB(not SoA): if O#XanRomanceActive=2, KivanRomanceActive=2, then turns one of the romances off at random: RESPONSE #50(50% chance) that Kivan's one goes to 3, and 50% that Xan's one goes to 3.

2) In SoA: if O#XanRomanceActive=2, KivanLove goes really deep down(-50 or so), so the player wouldn't accidentally boost it, and there's no accidental dead Deheriana and no immediate sleeping with Kivan after you-know-what in chapter 6.

Yeah, that's the downside for having two threads on the same question. :)

Yeah, it is! Laughably, I thought I was doing everyone a favor, and keeping the parts that pertain to Kivan separate from the parts that pertain to Xan.

Of course, I probably should have anticipated that you and Domi would talk about this at great length, given your mutual cross-mod collaborations. And neither of you are shallow enough to just stick to the immediate questions and not talk about the whys and wherefores, so you've probably discussed this very topic, and in greater detail than this.

That's fine with me. It is a very compilcated situation, so Random chance is probably a better way than anything else. And yes, I'll drop Kivan's love some horrendous amount of points if you are in a bonded romance with Xan.

Archived