You know Gavin loves you, right?

berelinde

I'm not sure how to lay out the numbers.

LT 7, 9, 13, 15, 21, 23, 23, 25, 25, 27

GL 2, 6, 13, 19, 32, 35, 38, 40, 42, 46

That's great info, thanks! Wow, he *really* likes you, doesn't he! Maybe I should have put in more frequent flirter flirts!

Nah, he really likes *me*, at LT 27, my Love variable was at 64! :D

Ohh.... kay, never mind me! That was unnecessarily childish... Blush.gif

That's okay! I totally know how you feel! ;)

But, um, yeah, MORE FLIRTS would be good! :)

Here are more numbers. No, I still am not done with the game. I ran into a severe case of real-life and am just now recovering.

Starting the Cloakwood section.

B!Gavinlovetalk: 39

B!Gavinlove: 58

After the Cloakwood Mine is finished.

B!Gavinlovetalk: 47

B!Gavinlove: 67

Working my way north towards the city and starting Ulgoth's Beard stuff

B!Gavinlovetalk: 49

B!Gavinlove: 73

Finally entered the city

B!Gavinlove: 77

Although I haven't finished my second run through of BG with Gavin, I wanted to mention some things I really like.

I liked that after the PC and Gavin discussed his sketchbook, we get to see another NPC (Ajantis) notice the sketchbook and have his nice little jealous reaction. Its just nice to have NPC's really react to what's going on.

I liked at the end (after Gavin apolgizes for freaking out when the PC's heritage is revealed) that you have the option of making him beg for forgiveness.

I was unsure of how that would play out, but I looked at that response not as "I want to humiliate him and punish him for abandoning me," but more "you really hurt me, but I'm going to pretend it's not so bad by making you do something over the top."

When Gavin first speaks to the prostitutes my mouth was literally open, "Hello! I'm standing RIGHT HERE!" oh, of course, you were just helping patch them up...heh...heh...(who's jealous?)

Finally, (as enough has been said about the drunken flirts) I still love the moment when you hide Gavin's clothes while he is bathing. I mean, here's a guy who often blushes when he tries to speak with the PC....and then he calmly walks out of the water naked as the day he was born and simply asks for his towel (because he didn't see where she hid it). Ah, my poor PC, she was simply left with her mouth open while a naked Gavin remarks on the deleterious effects of cold water on the male body. ;)

I liked that after the PC and Gavin discussed his sketchbook, we get to see another NPC (Ajantis) notice the sketchbook and have his nice little jealous reaction. Its just nice to have NPC's really react to what's going on.

Glad you liked that one. It's one of the new conflict talks. Gavin's got one where he has his own jealous reaction, too.

When Gavin first speaks to the prostitutes my mouth was literally open, "Hello! I'm standing RIGHT HERE!" oh, of course, you were just helping patch them up...heh...heh...(who's jealous?)
You can ask him about it, but it seems that you found that one out already. In the next version, he's a little more sensitive to the PC's discomfort, and attempts to reassure her. I cannot promise he'll be eloquent about it, though...

Finally, (as enough has been said about the drunken flirts) I still love the moment when you hide Gavin's clothes while he is bathing. I mean, here's a guy who often blushes when he tries to speak with the PC....and then he calmly walks out of the water naked as the day he was born and simply asks for his towel (because he didn't see where she hid it). Ah, my poor PC, she was simply left with her mouth open while a naked Gavin remarks on the deleterious effects of cold water on the male body. ;)

At this point, even he knows his options are limited. He really can't stay in that water any longer, and it is clear the PC isn't going away. He has his own brand of cowardice with regards to love, emotion, and his own confidence. When he is out of options, he just supresses his pride and ploughs ahead. I am sure that he would have stuttered worse than Khalid had you ever reminded him of it at a later date. Hmmm. Something to think about for BG2...

Glad you're having fun. And I'm glad that bathing flirt is seeing some use.

At this point, even he knows his options are limited. He really can't stay in that water any longer, and it is clear the PC isn't going away. He has his own brand of cowardice with regards to love, emotion, and his own confidence. When he is out of options, he just supresses his pride and ploughs ahead. I am sure that he would have stuttered worse than Khalid had you ever reminded him of it at a later date. Hmmm. Something to think about for BG2...

Glad you're having fun. And I'm glad that bathing flirt is seeing some use.

So that's why he spent so much time underwater...poor guy.

The PC is just so shameless...watching a poor guy bathe and hiding his clothes like that... ;)

New person and yet another freshly minted Gavin fan checking in!

I just wanted to pop in and say that I've really enjoyed having Gavin in my little party of adventurers and that I'm definitely looking forward to seeing him again in SoA/ToB ;)

Though I'm almost done with my current game, I'm planning on doing a repeat run with some different NPCs since this current run was also my first time playing with the totally awesome Tutu and BG1NPC mods (but I'll save those praises for a different thread). This time around, I'll be sure to check on those variables for you.

Random comments (party with Ajantis, Imoen, Xan and Kivan):

All I can say about the romance is that I enjoyed every minute of it and I'm interested to see what will be in store for SoA/ToB. Oh, and my favorite LT was the one about starting over vs. trying again - that one really clicked with me for some reason.

Oh, I also enjoyed the inclusion of Gavin's family; it's just my preference, but sometimes it's nice to see an NPC that doesn't have any major family problems or worse, no family at all.

Drunken talks were awesome! I'd love to see these return in SoA/ToB if you're so inclined. While the 'boot knocking' one was amusing, I think I liked the one with the goofy jokes the best :):D

I really enjoyed the two talks Ajantis has with Gavin concerning the PC (and Imoen's little interjection, heh). Also, I was impressed with Xan and Gavin's exchange after the Bhaal discovery - Xan had a very valid concern there and while I wasn't worried about Gavin leaving, I did wonder if maybe Xan's comments bothered him more than he was letting on about.

Finally, even though I really hate to mention it when you've not started on SoA/ToB yet, I'm really loving this party of PC, Imoen, Ajantis, Xan, Kivan and Gavin and I'd like to reunite them all for BG2. In the distant future when everyone's respective BG2 material is complete, I'd love to see crossmod material for these guys, if all the authors are so inclined :(

Anyhoo, that's all I've got for now, but I'll be lurking around with more comments in the future, I'm sure. This cleric is ;)

Glad you're enjoying it. You have Kulyok to thank for the banters about Bhaal. She did most of the actual work on Xan's cross-mod stuff. I just went along for the bickering. ;)

It might take a while, but I wouldn't rule out cross-mod for any of the returning-as-mod-NPC BG1 boys.

Xan and Kivan are already out, and have some very nice cross-mod material in the cross-mod banter pack, starting in version 5, which is just on the horizon. Ajantis is coming to BG2 soonish, but there isn't anything even close to a release date yet. After that, I'm sure that the three BG1 NPC Project romance writers will get together and write some amazing cross-mod stuff for them. Sooner or later. No one *ever* only has one project on at a time.

One thing I particularly like about Kivan is that he asks after the companions of BG1. When this banter was written, he wouldn't detect for Xan in the party, so he'd ask about him even when he was standing right next to him, but it's still very nice.

I, personally, can't wait for a Coran mod, so we can have the whole crew together again.

I've been fortunate because all three modders have been very supportive, even to the extent of writing the dialogues for me, and very patient with a new modder, to boot. I can't make any promises about BG2, but I'm certainly going to try to get some cross-mod in there.

I've been fortunate because all three modders have been very supportive, even to the extent of writing the dialogues for me, and very patient with a new modder, to boot. I can't make any promises about BG2, but I'm certainly going to try to get some cross-mod in there.

Just seeing that you'd be inclined to try for cross-mod content makes me a happy camper, regardless of whether it works out or not! I just wanted to throw the suggestion out there, though I know it all depends on what other things people are working on and if they have the time and inclination. Though I'm bad for just lurking and never saying much, count me among those who would happily play cross-mod content in addition to the standard BG2 stuff, when/if any is written for these guys ;)

I wasn't sure if you wanted more of these, but I finally beat the game so I figured I would give you whatever numbers I had left.

While exploring BG and working on quests

B!Gavinlove: 82

Decided to go to Werewolf Island

B!Gavinlove: 83

Back from the island

B!Gavinlove: 88

After doing some more stuff in the city and going to Candlekeep

B!Gavinlovetalk: 51

B!Gavinlove: 89

Chasing Sarevok around

B!Gavinlovetalk: 57

B!Gavinlove: 93

Final save

B!Gavinlovetalk: 61

B!Gavinlove: 93

Oh, at the present, Gavin will *definitely* break up with you if you attempt to romance four men at once, and he probably will if it's just him and two others, depending on when those relationships start.

Wait, so, um... If I have a half-elf PC with all four romances at uncommitted stage currently, he will definitely break up with me? What? When? Currently at Cloakwood, and I just picked up Coran. I have a lot of saves from the past, but... I really wanted to see the romance conflict stuff all at once and eventually choose Gavin. Am I not going to get the chance to do so?

You'll have some time before you have to choose. It won't happen until after LT 12, in any case. He will warn you 3 times before breaking up with you.

And even then, if he does break up with you, you can always start it back up again with PID, as long as you've broken up with the other guys first.

Archived