One really cool thing I didn't know about Amber

berelinde

Amber's player 2 romance lets you do PID!

I'm doing the single-player cheat, which is to say that my female protagonist is romancing Xan and my male sorceror Player 2 is romancing Amber because I copied a multiplayer savegame into the singleplayer folder.

In any case, I'm enjoying the novelty of using regular single-player Player1 PID with the protagonist and special Player2 PID with Amber.

Gotta love that Player2 romance. Sheer genius.

That's what I was doing when I tested the play2 romance option ;)

Started a BG1 mp game with two characters and dumped the save into the sp folder.

Now as long as I've been playing the game I didn't know that you could do the above to be honest with you there. Could you eplain how it's done for some of us that don't know?

Thanks,

DragonMaster

Err not quite sure what berelinde is on about :)

but you have to create a multiplayer game with 2 players and save it.

Then you move the save from the mp folder to the sp folder (create a sub folder there as per naming convention) and fire up bg again, this time loading a sp game. Your mp game will be listed there and be fully functional as a sp game with 2 players.

berelinde is an idiot. It happens when the eyeballs are two raisins from squinting at code for 5-10 hours at a time, and then reading regular conversational posting in as screwed up a manner as possible.

Ignore her and she'll toddle off to cause mayhem and confusion somewhere else.

Archived