Question about Gavin

Guest Kitanna

If you're talking about the 2-part flirt that involved cleanliness, you can get that in any of the 4 Cloakwood areas, the fishing village, Peldvale, the Fireleaf Forest, Dryad Falls, Fisherman's Lake, Bear River, North Nashkel Road, South Beregost Road, Wyrm's Crossing, or the Farmlands (Ajantis's map). You would have to hit the rest button between hour 14, and hour 20, and have initiated flirts with him 4 or more times *after* he tells you a rather significant secret from his past.

Yeah, I know that's a lot of conditions for one talk, but it's supposed to be special.

Is there an upper limit to the LT # to get that banter? I know I slept in Fishing village around 15h after Gavin and my PC were engaged, and he didn't say a thing. What is that talk about anyway??? I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss any cute Gavin lines...

The upper limit is the engagement, so if you haven't gotten it by then, you'll have to wait until next time :)

It was about a lot of things, pride, sophistication, bravery, and the effect of cold water. I don't know if I'd call it cute, but it is popular.

Although NWN2 has (for a time) distracted my attention from Gavin, I was wondering if we can expect any further updates to Tutu Gavin, or if you are solely concentrating on Gavin's BG2 debut?

Either way, I'm happy.

And I am curious as to how you are going to handle Gavin's (re)introduction to the PC in BG2. Especially if they married in Tutu. Because wrong or not, I suspect my PC would have some serious anger against poor Gavin (misplaced though it may be).

Oh, and on another note, I wanted to say that uninstalling and then reinstalling Tutu and Gavin has seemed to clear up any bugs.

I plan to resume work on Tutu Gavin once I'm done with the BG1 NPC recode, which should be soon. So, if you want an early warning that the next version will be coming soon, keep an eye on the BG1 NPC thread and watch for the announcement that Phase 1 is recoded.

There will be a little added content.

I might put Jolun in the Elfsong, possibly with a bit of a bachelor party, if Gavin and the PC are engaged, but haven't married yet. If the PC is male or not involved with Gavin, there might be a little revelry.

I had considered an extended wedding scene, but have decided against it, as it takes away from the feeling of breathless impulsiveness that rules him at that point.

The conversation where a PC who is seeing lots of men can persuade him to stay with her anyway is already written and coded.

Gavin will have some slightly more sensitive (i.e. less bull-headed) reactions to the whole Durlyle incident.

Apart from that, I'll just be going through the threads and cleaning up bugs, typos, and corrections people have found.

The next release will also take advantage of cmorgan and Nythrun's work on cross-platform variables, which means that Gavin will be BGT compatible.

Oh, and about the PC being angry with Gavin at the start of BG2, I suspect she would be angry with him. After all, he said he'd be gone a week, and it had been 6 months, with no messages. You can bet I'll be planning on allowing the PC to be a little peeved (or a lot peeved, as the case may be).

In fact, this anger at Gavin might even force her to reevaluate the nature of their relationship, and possibly consider her options with other suitors...

Which puts him in a really bad spot if the PC decides to take him to the temple district before she's decided what she's going to do with him, especially if she's been to the Copper Coronet first.

My word, I do get this perverse pleasure out of putting the poor boy on the hot seat. Oh well. It builds character :)

Oi there! Give my new friend an even break!

durned females... y'go off for a liiitle teeeeeeny bachelor party, end up on a galley headed for the Moonsheas, have to stop to help some half-dryad chick erm, I mean "lady in distress", come back to shore to find your soon to be bride has dissappeared without leaving word or message, track her all the way down to the Pit of Sin and Corruption that is Althalka (hey, if she was in Calimport, I'd tell 'em good riddance, you *know* what goes on down there) only to find out she's claiming to be abducted by some "sorcerous fiendish elf into bondage and discipline", hanging out with a motley assortment of new "friends", including a rather good looking smooth talking snob who is looking too closely at her and keeps grabbing at his sword like he want to run G through....

and she wants to bust *his* chops.

chicks. Go figure. :)

Feel free to use absolutely anything I write anywhere in any forum in any form for whatever you want/need, in any form you want :)

You will just have to talk to my agents, but they can be bought - usually for a small bone or liver treat, or a small game of "toss the ball"!

Archived