Eirik's Saga

It was brought to my attention that I got a little *ahem* animated over this topic the other day. Yes, I did take it personal. I overreacted and it was out of character. If it happens again, please *slap me across the forehead.* I do sincerely apologize if I offended anyone.

I'm taking measures, so this doesn't happen again, by taking an extended leave. Yes, Miloch, you may use the items you created. ;) [Edit:] Er... that didn't come out right, did it? What I meant was... I'm tired, so I'm taking a break.

Eh... well you didn't offend me - it takes a lot to upset a half-orc. And I doubt you offended berelinde. She needs a good offending every once in a while though - she even told me so. But it probably takes a lot to do that too... beyond posting alternate joke portraits of Gavin (aka Barney) ;).

If you're not going to use the brooch, I was thinking it would make a good quest item for Branwen. She doesn't really have a quest in BG1NPC or elsewhere, does she? Apart from the Tranzig thing in the vanilla game. Not that I'd have time to run far with that idea in the near future, but I'd hate to see the item go to waste too.

Actually, I think it was more a case of us offending Eirik.

All I can say is that I'm sorry. As Miloch accurately observed, hypothetical ball-busting sets me at ease and lets me know that all is right with the world, but not everyone is like that. In fact, most people are not.

At this point, the most helpful thing to do is probably just let it drop. I still firmly believe that I would welcome a Northlander skald in my party no matter what his backstory, just because I like the evocative quality of his dialogue. I feel like I'm really listening to a skald. Not everyone can write like that. I would know.

Anyway, Eirik, if you need a break from modding, but still want to keep one oar in the water, as it were, you could always write some more of that excellent fan fic. Who knows where it would come in useful, later on.

Archived