MacOSX install problem

I double click on the setup-bg2fixpack.command icon and it says: The .command file ‘/Volumes/Mac Disk 2/Games/BGII - SoA/OSX-BG2_Fixpack-v2.rar Folder/Setup-bg2fixpack.command’ could not open. Most likely it is not executable.

So I am not sure of the problem. I uninstalled the baulderdash fix. help. Thanks.

Guest Guest_Wizardboi_*
Did you expand the rar archive using UnRarX? If so, try using StuffIt Expander instead.

Hi, thanks for responding. I had already decompressed the archive and I tried to launch the .command file and it gave me the error message as not being executable. Thanks.

Did you expand the rar archive using UnRarX? If so, try using StuffIt Expander instead.

Hi, thanks for responding. I had already decompressed the archive and I tried to launch the .command file and it gave me the error message as not being executable. Thanks.

What did you use to decompress the files? I think what Gorilym was pointing out, is that UnRarX doesn't extract the files properly.

What did you use to decompress the files? I think what Gorilym was pointing out, is that UnRarX doesn't extract the files properly.

I used stuffit expander.

Ok... Expander messing with the exec flag is unprecedented AFAIK. Try this, fire up the Terminal, type "chmod +x" (without the quotes), drag the .command file into the Terminal window and press enter.

Note that you'll then have to move the expanded files into your main BGII - SoA folder in order to install the Fixpack.

Ok... Expander messing with the exec flag is unprecedented AFAIK. Try this, fire up the Terminal, type "chmod +x" (without the quotes), drag the .command file into the Terminal window and press enter.

Note that you'll then have to move the expanded files into your main BGII - SoA folder in order to install the Fixpack.

ok, i did that. I moved the three items from the rar folder into the main Baulder's Gate II folder. I opened the terminal and typed that and dragged the file to the terminal window then pressed enter. The result is this:

Welcome to Darwin!

dialup-4:~ mikey$ chmod +x/Volumes/Mac\ Disk\ 2/Games/BGII\ -\ SoA/Setup-bg2fixpack.command

usage: chmod [-fv] [-R [-H | -L | -P]] [-a | +a | =a [# [ n]]] mode|entry file ...

dialup-4:~ mikey$

ok, what's next? I am not very knowledgeable with terminal level computing please bear with me. Thanks.

I am using version 8.0

I seem to recall problems with this version.

ok, i did a copy and past from what you typed to the terminal and it just jumped to the next line like it was never typed.

sounds like a copy problem with the clipboard. Type it in manually, replacing "[sPACE]" with an actual space:

chmod[sPACE]+x[sPACE]/Volumes/Mac\ Disk\ 2/Games/BGII\ -\ SoA/Setup-bg2fixpack.command

Archived