new problem thread...

Bardess

I don't know if this is related to my reinstalling the game and having only SoA installed while I was adding this. It used to work, it is one more NPC to talk to. Today I've reinstalled and patched the game and I think I had once installed the mod successfully since. Then I was messing with some audio files and now this happens while installing:

ERROR: [AssassiMod/creatures/Z_mess.cre] -> [override] Patching Failed <COPY> <Not_found>

I don't really understand what this means :)

Luckily, I've kept a previous version of my TP2 and using that one, it works. Strange. I've added only one more line and the problems started and then when I deleted that one and another one, nothing changed, it still wouldn't install. I *suspect* I know what I did...

I think I'll be using this thread for any future questions. The previous one has sunken down and besides, it would be shameful to have, like, 200 replies in 'I'm just a sad starter' topic :)

And I have remembered a question.

Do evil NPCs by default leave the party if your reputation is heroic? If not, how do I code that, and how do I code a leaving dialogue? (not the one in which it is your choice to kick them out)

I'm not sure if there was a 2DA that regulated that, the Happiness was I think for the comments only, and then they did the script - as far as I remember.

It's the same block of script as all others: you throw a ReputationGT condition into IF block and do either StartDialogueNoSet() for the NPC to make fuss about it before doing LeaveParty() EscapeArea() or just those actions in the action block and maybe a DesplayStringHead() if you want him to just mumble somethoing as he leaves instead of full-blown dialogue mode.

Hope that helps. :)

Guest Guest

What is the best (and the easiest) way to make a custom item for BG2? If you are using Near Infinity, how do you get started at all?

As far as I know, for item creation there is Cromwell's smithy.

By the way, does anyone know where I can download a valid version of Java that can run NI? I've switched computers (I won't be at home for a week) and now I have to get all modders' software again.

As far as I know, for item creation there is Cromwell's smithy.

By the way, does anyone know where I can download a valid version of Java that can run NI? I've switched computers (I won't be at home for a week) and now I have to get all modders' software again.

Sun Microsystems.

*Edited the link so it takes you directly to the 1.4.2 version.

I'm not sure if there was a 2DA that regulated that, the Happiness was I think for the comments only, and then they did the script - as far as I remember.

With Party AI on, low happiness makes party members leave automatically, yes. "dplayer2.bcs" causes that.

The "I'm going away, you heroic do-gooder you" dialog is in the normal "leave party" dialog file for the npc. Have a look at an existing one, ViconiaP.d for example. Watch for a dialog block with a happiness condition with a big negative number.

(from memory, a detail or two may be wrong)

A new question: if IncrementGlobal is used to increase a global's value, is there a command that decreases it? Is party reputation also a global or something else?

Is happiness defined by default?

A new question: if IncrementGlobal is used to increase a global's value, is there a command that decreases it? Is party reputation also a global or something else?

Is happiness defined by default?

Happiness is defined by default, and uses a 2da table. If you go look at the BG1 NPC Project board, you'll see a discussion about bardic reputation changes. The table, and likely the name of the table, is included in one of the posts. I would have to search the list myself, and you can do that as well as I can.

Reputation is stored by a global variable, and it is very possible to increase it, or to decrease it. You might want to be careful about how you do so, if you plan to decrease it. Keep in mind that some characters will lose their abilities if their reputation drops too far, and players won't like that. Nor will they necessarily like losing their store discounts, if they are using that option.

In any case, this is how you would decrease a variable.

IncrementGlobal("B!GavinLove","GLOBAL",-1)

You can increase reputation by doing this:

ReputationInc(1)

Or decrease it by doing this:

ReputationInc(-1)

Individual happiness? I wish.

I've been using a separate counter, and incrementing it whenever the PC does something that would annoy Gavin. Makes for a rather script-heavy NPC, but it beats the alternative.

Archived