The kids won't spawn

Guest Zerus

Guest Zerus

I just started a new file and went to get amber. So I did the Viconia thing, saved her. Then I went to the slums during the daytime, but those kids didn't spawn. Whats going on?

Guest Zerus

Ok I have The Official Patch, 1 pixel productions, Banter packs, keto, kelsey, do quest pack, unfinished buisness, weimer tactics, Improved horns v1.2, bg2 fix pack, oversight v9, Item upgrade, and Solaufin mod. I think tahts all I have installed right now.

Ok I have The Official Patch, 1 pixel productions, Banter packs, keto, kelsey, do quest pack, unfinished buisness, weimer tactics, Improved horns v1.2, bg2 fix pack, oversight v9, Item upgrade, and Solaufin mod. I think tahts all I have installed right now.

Improved Horns? Never heard of this one here whats up with that one.

As for the kids I've never had a problem with them spawning and this is the second time I've been through the game with Amber. I'm romancing her this time. I didn't the last time through due to having Fade and romancing her.

BTW I'm curious does Amber have any more quests after she is kidnapped?

BTW I'm curious does Amber have any more quests after she is kidnapped?

Save the standard vampirism quest in the player1 romance track, there are no further quests for Amber in SoA.

Guest The Harper

I might have a solution; those kids that usually spawn to start the whole Amber in prison situation, for me, they usually turn up after i have been in the prison during the 2nd chapter (at any point).

I can't really say why, but this seems to be the only concurrent remedy i've found thus far. Have fun.

I'd say that's a coincidence. :) The script that spawns the kids is very simple, a very similar to that which spawns Habib(sp?) (the scimitar throwing dude in the docs) in the original game.

The docs for example:

IF
TimeGT(DAWN_START)
TimeLT(DUSK_START)
!Dead("M#Girl1")
!Dead("M#Boy1")
Global("M#BoyGirl","Global",0)
OR(2)
  Dead("Viconia")
  NumDeadGT("Vicg",2)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
CreateCreature("M#Girl1",[2200.293],4)
CreateCreature("M#Boy1",[2157.294],12)
SetGlobal("M#BoyGirl","Global",1)
END

Only thing that might explain anything, but it seems rather far fetched, is if NumDeadGT("Vicg",2) would return true only after you have - in a game in which Amber has been installed - been to the area where they died. (In this case it would be the government, since "vicg" are the dudes trying to burn her.) It seem unlikely since the trigger Dead() and it's variations are not, at least as far as I know, restricted like that.

Archived