wrong variable check in Gaelan's dialogue

Sorry if this might already be addressed (I'd be surprised if not, but I couldn't find any references in the list of changes).

As far as I can see Gaelan checks for the wrong variable to see whether the PC alreay sided with Bodhi. The gaelan.dlg uses

"Global("BodiWork","GLOBAL",1)"

all along to check, but if sided with Bodhi, the set variables are

"Global("BodhiJob","GLOBAL",x)"

and (this might be the interesting one)

"Global("WorkingForBodhi","GLOBAL",1)".

I couldn't find the variable "BodiWork" anywhere else as in gaelan.dlg, so I guess it's wrong and should be replaced by "WorkingForBodhi".

And yet I am surprised that something like this shouldn't somewhat crash the game storywise. So maybe I overlooked something.

I think that was for an unused state. I know I restored a sequence where Gaelan would confront you after meeting Bodhi; this may have been it (it required a variable that used "Bodi").

Sounds interesting.

Could this be considered a fix or is it ub?

Still it would make sense to use the variable that was actually set somewhere in the game, no? The Gaelan .dlg is checking for this "BodiWork" in all occasions. I am sure it is meant to be replaced by the variable that was actually set ("WorkingForBodhi").

All of these references are in gaelan.dlg, attached to gaelan.cre. If you enter Gaelan's home and WorkingForBodhi is 1, Galean replaces himself with a hostile version (gaelan2.cre using gaelan2.dlg). All of the states and responses using BodiWork can never be accessed.

It could be turned into UB. You'd need to disable the swap in ar0311.bcs, and then correct these triggers to WorkingForBodhi.

edit: You'd probably also want Gaelan to initiate dialogue if you've spoken with Bodhi (i.e. same triggers as state 54)--if he suspects you're working for Bodhi, he probably wouldn't let you wander around.

I think that was for an unused state. I know I restored a sequence where Gaelan would confront you after meeting Bodhi; this may have been it (it required a variable that used "Bodi").

Sounds interesting.

Could this be considered a fix or is it ub?

if they is some more content, then sweet.

Archived