General discussion for things at least partially related to Gavin

Kulyok

Which portrait is that? Does it appear in Gavin? Not sure, because I don't know whether Fantasy is another mod, an NPC, or the artist.

I'm not going to get into that whole can of worms here. Use at your own risk.

Which portrait is that? Does it appear in Gavin? Not sure, because I don't know whether Fantasy is another mod, an NPC, or the artist.

;) I'm not sure what the issue is here, there's not a single word regarding copyright on Cassinus' site. (In fact, I'm fairly certain they're up there for a single purpose: wide-spread, free, distribution). Some of those are really gorgeous!

You know who to call if you need a english-french translator, right? ;)

I'm not going to get into that whole can of worms here. Use at your own risk.

Yeah, absolutely. It's just since you said:

And here's my source for all portraits in the mod that aren't done by somebody identified. It's in French, but you can probably get through it anyway. "Hommes" is male portraits, "femmes" is female portraits, just in case.

- I wanted to point out that some of these portraits are indeed done by somebody identified, i.e. ripped off people/sites who didn't want their art for free distribution. So, yeah, use at your own risk.

These are getting moved, as they aren't related to bugs. I'm going to have to go through this thread and fix the real bugs, so I'll start a "general discussion" thread for this kind of thing.

Maybe I should have been more clear: portraits that have not been identified with their artist *in the mod*.

Most of the portraits on this site are actually old paperback book covers, so it's all copyrighted.

Unless every mod that adds portraits, including the BG1 NPC Project, starts checking everything six ways from Sunday, this is going to be an issue.

In case it isn't clear, if an artist were to ask that their work be removed, I would comply.

And we mod a game that is copyrighted.

So, I reiterate: I am not going there.

Archived