Coran Flirt Loop

Guest lost child

Guest lost child

Hello everyone,

I have a problem here... I've just started what seems to be Coran's quest, the one in the Firewine Bridge Ruins. Of course I want - need - to go to the Temple near Beregost now, but everytime I enter the Temple Area, Coran's Flirts pop up - that is, the flirts that should only pop up if i iniciate dialogue with him - and when I say something to him to finish this, just when it's gone, it pops up again.

I don't know what to do, I already tried reloading the Autosave, Quicksave and a normal save, I tried kicking him out and taking him back in again but nothing helps.

What else can I do?

Or should I just reload an ealier save and skip his quest completely?

Thanks for any help...

lc

This is happening because the script is calling for something to happen, but the variables for the talk aren't set right.

Unless someone else can get to the relevant code first, I'll puzzle this out when I get home.

Guest Guest

If it's any help, his Romance Timer is set to 15 minutes (need him to catch up with the other guys), and we've had five Lovetalks so far.

Hello everyone,

I have a problem here... I've just started what seems to be Coran's quest, the one in the Firewine Bridge Ruins. Of course I want - need - to go to the Temple near Beregost now, but everytime I enter the Temple Area, Coran's Flirts pop up - that is, the flirts that should only pop up if i iniciate dialogue with him - and when I say something to him to finish this, just when it's gone, it pops up again.

I don't know what to do, I already tried reloading the Autosave, Quicksave and a normal save, I tried kicking him out and taking him back in again but nothing helps.

What else can I do?

Or should I just reload an ealier save and skip his quest completely?

Thanks for any help...

lc

Did you take the scull of the wyvern to the temple yet? The same type of thing happened to me and it continued until I completed this.

Well, that narrows it down... we still have at least one version out there that has problems with Coran's Wyvern Quest, then. It sounds like we have a problem with the talk Coran is supposed to give about the Wyvvern and completing the quest. I will do some research and find out what's up, if berelinde doesn't beat me to it (can't tonight but can probably help if she hasn't tomorrow pm)

Won't happen tonight, but it might happen before work today. I'll have a dig through it. I seem to remember posting something about this a while ago, though. Maybe combing this thread might make it turn up. I'll investigate.

The only version I have installed is the latest internal beta, which looks fine. This is the script calling for Coran's interjection:

IF
Global("X#CoranSuccubus","GLOBAL",0)
AreaCheck("FW4500")
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("X#CoranSuccubus","GLOBAL",1)
RealSetGlobalTimer("SeeSuccubusTime","GLOBAL",30)
END

IF
Global("X#CoranSuccubus","GLOBAL",1)
AreaCheck("FW4500")
RealGlobalTimerExpired("SeeSuccubusTime","GLOBAL")
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("X#CoranSuccubus","GLOBAL",2)
StartDialogueNoSet(Player1)
END

And this is the D structure:

IF WEIGHT #-2 ~Global("X#CoranSuccubus","GLOBAL",2)~ THEN BEGIN CoranSuccubus
SAY @222
++ @223 DO ~SetGlobal("X#CoranSuccubus","GLOBAL",3)~ + COSUC1.1
++ @224 DO ~SetGlobal("X#CoranSuccubus","GLOBAL",3)~ + COSUC1.1
++ @225 DO ~SetGlobal("X#CoranSuccubus","GLOBAL",3)~ + COSUC1.2
END

And this is the TRA:

@222  = ~Hail, lovely Lady! What are you doing in this desolate place?~
@223  = ~*sigh* Now, Coran, please limit yourself to chasing real women. Gods be good! Did I really say that?~
@224  = ~Blasted ruins! They're going to drive us all mad! Coran, come along, no living lady will ever wander this place... But there are plenty of ghosts in the ruins of Firewine...~
@225  = ~I... I do not see anyone. Do you, Coran?~

It's the right state weight, and it's the right global call, so you really shouldn't be seeing PID.

If this were a wyvern timer issue, the flirt menu should pop up anywhere at that point in time. You could test this by moving to a different area from the last save instead and seeing what he says.

Are you romancing Coran? If the romance is active, he won't complain about the wyvern, ever. Or he shouldn't. That script block's failure was part of what necessitated this whole recoding effort we're doing.

So, I'm guessing that either this is a reinstallation issue, if you've reinstalled recently, or a version issue, in which case your woes will be solved with the latest version.

For some reason, Tutu is not anywhere *near* as resilliant to reinstallation as BG2. I don't know why this would be, as they are theoretically the same. But there you have it. I've reinstalled mods on BG2 loads of times without getting scrambled strings, but I can never manage it on Tutu.

Guest lost child

Hello,

thanks for all your replies so far.

I've tried entering other areas and it works, I only get the loop if I enter the Temple area.

I'm romancing Coran. Should I try to get the wywern head first nevertheless? He hasn't complained so far about it.

My install:

I have the German versions of BG and TotSC with English dialog.tlk, the English versions of BG2 and ToB, EasyTutu and BG1NPC v12.

I'm in chapter 4 and didn't have any problems so far.

Other mods installed:

Tutufix v17, Sirines Call, BG2 Tweaks and BG1 NPC Music.

Weidu v198.

Guest lost child

As far as I remember:

I installed The Grey Clan Episode 1 v1.3, but removed it again completely early in the game.

I've removed and reinstalled the Romance Conflicts once.

I'm quite often reinstalling the Romance Timers for Xan, Adjantis and Coran.

I think I had something like that - it might be not a reinstallation issue(though, again, I never had a problem with TUTU reinstallations in my life). Also, no mod dialogue triggers in FW3400 - so, yeah, I figure it is tied with his Wyvern quest all along.

I'd avoid entering the area unless you go and do Wyvern quest. Then, and only then, I'd proceed to the Temple area. In the meantime, we'll try to figure it out: it's a complicated quest. ;)

Guest lost child

Oh no, oh no, I think I must have messed it up completely... ;)

When I told you that entering other areas works fine, I had tried entering Gullkyn and well, it worked.

Now I wanted to go wywern hunting and what happens on entering Cloakwood Forest 2 (the part with the spiders)? I get the loop again! :D

I've tried reloading other saves and sneaking in over Cloakwood 1 (where you first meet Coran) and another strange thing occured, Coran constantly acts as if he's being clicked, saying "yes?" over and over, and when I then move on to Cloakwood 2 I get the Flirts again.

;)

Sorry for causing so much trouble. I suppose, it's something to do with my weird installation. But if I maybe reinstalled everything, could I use my old saves? Probably not...?

Guest lost child

The only other thing I can think of now is kicking Coran out in Firewine, telling him to wait and go wywern hunting without him, taking him back in when I already have the head. But you probably have to have him in the party when killing the wywern?

Archived