Coran Flirt Loop

Guest lost child

Not to be a nitpicker ;) but I didn't know Peter of the North (who makes up these names, anyway?) had any adult wyverns. I thought he had a cave full of babies, who don't drop skulls.

Ok maybe your right. It might have been when I crossed inbetween the areas. It was about a month ago and sometimes I can't remember what happened yesterday, but I know for sure it was not in Cloakwood. ;)

It is last in the list, DESIGNATED 200, yes. But it is quite possible to install required changes, then, say, romances and PID's, and then run the installer again and install quests, is it not - or, if my memory doesn't fail me, it is what I have done the day before yesterday. Should try it again, in any case.

Anyway, yes, since his warning is in the Bio file, everything BG1-related should be appended below, really(really?). But still, it is suspicious that he cannot find a desired dialogue state. Maybe killing X#CORWYV.baf will help? That is, Coran will only warn the PC if she clicks on him?

And also, forgive my ignorance, why in .tp2 we first

EXTEND_TOP ~_CORAN.bcs~ ~BG1NPC/Core/BAF/X#CORWYV.BAF~

and then

COPY_EXISTING ~_CORAN.BCS~ ~override~
  DECOMPILE_BCS_TO_BAF
  REPLACE_TEXTUALLY
	~GlobalTimerExpired("Coran","GLOBAL")[%tab% %lnl%%mnl%%wnl%]+InParty(Myself)[%tab% %lnl%%mnl%%wnl%]+!Dead("wyvern")~
	~GlobalTimerExpired("Coran","GLOBAL") InParty(Myself) !Dead("wyvern") Global("X#CoranWyvernDisable","GLOBAL",1)~
  COMPILE_BAF_TO_BCS

?

Aren't we decompiling and changing our own already modified script?

(Yeah, yeah, Kulyok asks lots of silly questions. But anyway).

Keep asking those questions, please... we may have just found part of the problem!!!!!

I better pull those decompiled materials and see if we are putting the cart in front of the horse, and then running them both down with a truck...

as for the "last installed" status, let's check. If I understand the WeiDU parsing order, then when you install or uninstall a component with a designated order, WeiDU will put it back in that position -- but we should test it.

A>B>C>LAST uninstall B Install D Install B

and watch the lodgs carefully. I am about to do some WeiDU v199 testing this weekend, and may be able to report by Monday.

I plan on Monday being an 8 hour workday modding sesion (spring break) getting caught up on these materials and the massively behind to-do list.

Maybe killing X#CORWYV.baf will help? That is, Coran will only warn the PC if she clicks on him?

I've just tested Coran finding a wyvern's head, and he doesn't trigger a banter, either: there's only a romance-related talk "Now, Coran, we don't even know if she was a female wyvern..." He only says his "Let's go to the temple of Beregost, blablabla" bit if I click on him. So, I think it might make sense to delete X#CORWYV.baf, but that's just me.

Components.

I've been testing:

- installing some components + PID(last),

- installing some other component

- PID does NOT install last:

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #14 // The BG1 NPC Project: Ajantis Romance Core (teen content)
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #16 // The BG1 NPC Project: NPCs can be sent to wait in an inn.
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #25 // Jason Compton's Accelerated Banter Script.
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #29 // The BG1 NPC Project: Cloakwood areas availability in Chapter One -> Open four Cloakwood areas (everything but the Mines)
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #200 // The BG1 NPC Project: Player-Initiated Dialogues
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #15 // The BG1 NPC Project: Female Romance Challenges, Ajantis vs Xan vs Coran

or another test:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications for v12 Beta4, pro5-3, March 10, 2007
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #9 // The BG1 NPC Project: Coran's Romance Core (adult content)
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #12 // The BG1 NPC Project: Branwen's Romance Core (teen content)
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #16 // The BG1 NPC Project: NPCs can be sent to wait in an inn.
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #20 // The BG1 NPC Project: Eldoth's Starting Location. -> Eldoth Starts on the Coast Way.
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #22 // The BG1 NPC Project: Quayle's Starting Location. -> Quayle Starts at the Nashkel Carnival.
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #25 // Jason Compton's Accelerated Banter Script.
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #200 // The BG1 NPC Project: Player-Initiated Dialogues
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #1 // The BG1 NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections

- a possible disaster. So, yeah, PID may be the last component, but it doesn't necessarily install last, I'm afraid.

Also, I *know* it might be designated, but just so you know: upon pressing "U" - uninstall the very first component "Core changes(required)"(some other components were installed, too), I got an error

ERROR: problem parsing TP file [bG1NPC.TP2]: Failure("override/X#BG1NPCCore.G3")

FATAL ERROR: Failure("override/X#BG1NPCCore.G3")

- I guess the program first deleted from the override, somehow, and then checked for it? Anyway, just so you know.

P.S. Since we're discussing boring stuff there, maybe splitting this stuff and putting it into the workroom is not a bad idea? (I would do it, but I don't have a privilege, so).

I am about to do some WeiDU v199 testing this weekend, and may be able to report by Monday.
There's a WeiDU v199? How come I can't find it?
Since we're discussing boring stuff there, maybe splitting this stuff and putting it into the workroom is not a bad idea?
Yeah, but then I can't read it. Not that I can understand or contribute much, heh.
I've been testing:

- installing some components + PID(last),

- installing some other component

- PID does NOT install last:

Damn. OK, then I need to go back to the docs and the forum and learn how to use UNINSTALL/INSTALL in conjunction with flag files. And here I was, thinking I was so smart using flagging to yank out components ;)

Also, I *know* it might be designated, but just so you know: upon pressing "U" - uninstall the very first component "Core changes(required)"(some other components were installed, too), I got an error
ERROR: problem parsing TP file [bG1NPC.TP2]: Failure("override/X#BG1NPCCore.G3")

FATAL ERROR: Failure("override/X#BG1NPCCore.G3")

- I guess the program first deleted from the override, somehow, and then checked for it? Anyway, just so you know.

This is the second report I have had for this... I am not sure how to proceed. The expected behavior is that if you (at any point) pull the core component, the rest of the mod is immediately uninstalled. I have not had this happen - could you get it to happen, and then send me a DEBUG (both WeiDU and BG1NPC) please? I will probably have to ask the bigg.
Guest Ilyssa

For the record, I am running pretty much the same stuff as whoever posted first in this thread and having the same problem. I think it happens when you've put off his quest for ages and he's supposed to be whinging about it.

(Someone may already have said this - if so, I'm sorry, I don't speak whatever cazy language all you clever coding people do ;))

Was there a quick fix other than the good ol' CLUAConsole band aid one?

Archived