BG2 banter spoiler

berelinde

She gives Anomen, Keldorn, and other male NPCs a verbal beating in various banters, so I figure she's holding a grudge. She isn't anywhere near as rabid about it as Shar Teel, but I think BioWare might have recycled a few ideas. Shar Teel didn't work out too well? Too much of a charicature? Tone it down a bit and change it around, and now it's a completley new NPC. Come to think of it, she doesn't really give females a break, either, so maybe she just doesn't like people much.

Don't worry, though. This isn't going to turn into an Eldoth/Shar Teel sparring match, because she'd rather champion the rights of the downtrodden than make snide comments about boys. I'm just saying that she is likely to be a little hypersensitive around him until she recovers from her own grief and the feelings of powerlessness that followed her father's death. But she's hypersensitive around everyone.

Too bad she wasn't allowed to run the keep herself. It would have helped her heal faster.

Aerie is an even more complicated issue. They will start out as friends. Their early banters will be very positive, and Gavin will admire her determination to do good in the world, overcome slavery, etc., but he will probably lose patience with her need to play the eternal victim. They might argue over this, if they are kept together long enough, and if so, he will encourage her to let go of the hurt that has been done her. She will, as we all know, ignore him, because only the romanced male pc has the power to help her get past this, and even then, not until ToB has begun. So, for Aerie, it will be mostly smooth sailing with the possibility of a random banter call argument later in the game. As an aside, Aerie alwas reminds me of why I hate "damsel in distress" stories. I'd rather watch Ever After, where the heroine hacks her own way out of captivity, given the flimsiest opportunity.

What you've outlined pretty much "agrees with me", and how I view the Bioware characters Nalia and Aerie. I've always known Aerie as a whining NPC (since I didn't have the patience to plough on until ToB, that game's on hold for now), so I can understand fairly easily that Gavin'll somehow reach a "boiling point" of a sort, snapping at Aerie for constantly complaining and not taking her destiny into her own hands. Gavin sort of striked me as the kind of man who wouldn't let himself get despondent over something. Well, of course, he might get slightly demoralized, but he comes across as being able to pick up the pieces and plough on. I don't know, maybe I got it all wrong, but that's the impression I get. ;)

Oh. And I looove "Ever After"... :(;)

Too bad she wasn't allowed to run the keep herself. It would have helped her heal faster.

Plus, let's face it, it's not *that* hard. Even *she* could've done it. :D (j/k'ing)

Archived