Mazzy, Viconia, Nalia dialogue moments

Guest Sophia

Guest Sophia

These are some things I have encountered during my game. I reinstalled the game from scratch, and have only the G3 Fix- and Tweakpacks installed (but not every component of them).

Version of Game: SoA and ToB + official patch

Mods Installed: G3 BG2 Fixpack, G3 BG2 Tweakpack

Description of Problem:

1) When the evidence against Isaea is presented and Nalia is returned, her dialogue is not the one where she thanks you for helping her again, and upon returning to the party, says that she needed to feel welcome. Instead, she says the dialogue associated with picking her up from, say, the Copper Coronet, after her Keep quest is completed. Also, the journal entries associated with her abduction are not removed.

2) When the Madam in the CC asks during the Lehtinan quest if the (female) PC wants a courtesan, Viconia interjects and says to keep her diseased women away. I do not have any all-romance tweak installed, and this interjection felt out of character. Before, she used to say that she was glad to see the PC's libido was not as barren as a northern monk's. Her interjection prevented being able to talk to a courtesan and finding out that they were slaves who could do with being set free.

3) When I enter the CC for Mazzy's fight with Gorf, I immediately get Festule the Alchemist offering his potion. It used to be that he would hint that Mazzy needed to be out of 'range' before he made this offer.

1) When the evidence against Isaea is presented and Nalia is returned, her dialogue is not the one where she thanks you for helping her again, and upon returning to the party, says that she needed to feel welcome. Instead, she says the dialogue associated with picking her up from, say, the Copper Coronet, after her Keep quest is completed. Also, the journal entries associated with her abduction are not removed.
Her dialogue after she's rescued from Isaea is a mess. It wouldn't surprise me if the current fix isn't sufficient.

2) When the Madam in the CC asks during the Lehtinan quest if the (female) PC wants a courtesan, Viconia interjects and says to keep her diseased women away. I do not have any all-romance tweak installed, and this interjection felt out of character. Before, she used to say that she was glad to see the PC's libido was not as barren as a northern monk's. Her interjection prevented being able to talk to a courtesan and finding out that they were slaves who could do with being set free.
This is very difficult. There isn't currently a way to check if an active romance is really active or is just at the default value (set when the character joins). I had to hack in some nasty code just to determine who was actually being romanced for Nin's dialogue alone. The issue you're seeing is because her old dialogue had bad variable checks that only allowed Jaheira to interject and tell Nin that you weren't interested in what she's selling, while Aerie and Viconia would never interject (you're not supposed to be able to hire hookers if you're in an active romance).

3) When I enter the CC for Mazzy's fight with Gorf, I immediately get Festule the Alchemist offering his potion. It used to be that he would hint that Mazzy needed to be out of 'range' before he made this offer.
I don't recall us ever touching his dialogue; not sure how the fixpack could be causing this.

Found the issue here. We alter Isaea's dialogue to set Nalia's "I'm out of the party" variable when he abducts her. Unfortunately, here generic rejoining dialogue is weighted above the specific thank you for rescuing here from Isaea, so you get her generic re-join dialogue. The variable needs to be set in case you decline to have Nalia rejoin you after the abduction; otherwise she behaves as if you had just dropped her from the party instead. Moving the variable set from Isaea's to Nalia's dialogue should do it. Before:

// one of three blocks to fix Nalia's kickout dialogues
ADD_TRANS_ACTION ISAEA
BEGIN 29 END
BEGIN END
~ActionOverride("Nalia",SetGlobal("KickedOut","LOCALS",1))~

REPLACE_STATE_TRIGGER NALIAP 12
~Global("RoenalConvict","GLOBAL",1)
Global("KishNaliaThankedPC","GLOBAL",0)~

ADD_TRANS_ACTION NALIAP
BEGIN 13 END
BEGIN END
~SG("KishNaliaThankedPC",1)~

And after:

ADD_STATE_TRIGGER NALIAP 12 ~Global("KishNaliaThankedPC","GLOBAL",0)~

ADD_TRANS_ACTION NALIAP
BEGIN 13 END
BEGIN END
~SetGlobal("KishNaliaThankedPC","GLOBAL",1)~

ADD_TRANS_ACTION NALIAP
BEGIN 13 END
BEGIN 1 END
~SetGlobal("KickedOut","LOCALS",1)~

Like devSin said, we fixed the broken interjection triggers for the Bio gals here. If the romance is considered active (which, at this point in the game, means they're in the party and you fit their racial criteria) then none of them will let you disappear with a courtesan.

This is how Festule has always worked; nothing has been changed here. When he first sees a party member he initiates dialogue. If the party member happens to be Mazzy or if Mazzy is too close, then he drops the hint. If Mazzy is safely out of earshot, he goes directly to his offer.

Archived