SAY it isnt SOOOO!

**** Looks at the forum catagory the sisters have been put in. Falls to his knees in a schocked and depressed state **

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! say it isnt soooo **a tear runs down his face**

ok yea its possible im being overdramatic ...but hey i was realllllllly looking forwardto this.

Hope it will have life breathed into it again one day.

I was really looking forward to this mod. Like ToB Amber, etc.

I have no illusions about the modding community for BG2 nowadays, I just wish/hope currently in progress/halfway done mods would get completed. I'm replaying the game now, and I know I'll replay the whole thing again, once or twice, and I'd like to be able to do that with this mod, and others ;)

Don't just think about the few people like me and LightStorm, think about all the others that will discover this in the future, and all the old ones who will eventually come back and find - HEY! Tiefling Sisters is done!

Think of the children!

Guest Guest
I was really looking forward to this mod. Like ToB Amber, etc.

I have no illusions about the modding community for BG2 nowadays, I just wish/hope currently in progress/halfway done mods would get completed. I'm replaying the game now, and I know I'll replay the whole thing again, once or twice, and I'd like to be able to do that with this mod, and others :)

Don't just think about the few people like me and LightStorm, think about all the others that will discover this in the future, and all the old ones who will eventually come back and find - HEY! Tiefling Sisters is done!

Think of the children!

Lol! Indeed, I check back here every month or so, just hoping. . .

Alas, older games start to fade, even the greats like BG. . .

Modding tools are better than for many, many other games. And the fanbase won't fade all that fast. And, last but not least, it's feasible for a single person to make a mod in reasonable time.

I look forward to many mods yet.

Guest Guest_Tom_*

I check back on this forum every so often to see if any progress has been done also, I found this mod about a year and a half ago and it looked interesting.

I dont think BG2 is going to fade completely out any time soon, not when games being made are nothing like it any more.

Personally I feel BG2 was the last great crpg that was made, every game since has not been very good over all, yeah, BG had its problems, but it was immersive, interactive and enjoyable, and gave you more then a few night's of play time before it was over.

Just tried out NWN2 a few months ago and have not brought myself to play through the OC yet, RPG's now days are not even RPG's any longer.

I am not alone in this opinion either, every one I know who have played BG2 say the same thing, and I even have a friend who never played it but bought it online to play because he hears so many good things about it and is fed up with the games being released today.

Last week I reinstalled BG2 and a few mods that looked interesting and its the most fun I have had at my PC in a very long time. Even when you know what most of the content is going to be ahead of time it is still immensely more intersting then any game coming out today.

So please dont give up on this mod, I will be in line to download it when you are done, if its in a few months or a few years really does not matter though, the way things are going BG2 will still reign over all other current RPG's.

Guest Guest_Qwinn_*

Add another "Nooooooo!" cry from me. I play BG2 through every couple years, and the last time I finished it this was the mod I was most hoping would be done for the next time I picked it up. Aw well. Here's hoping it gets picked up again someday.

Qwinn

I dont think BG2 is going to fade completely out any time soon, not when games being made are nothing like it any more.

Personally I feel BG2 was the last great crpg that was made, every game since has not been very good over all, yeah, BG had its problems, but it was immersive, interactive and enjoyable, and gave you more then a few night's of play time before it was over.

Just tried out NWN2 a few months ago and have not brought myself to play through the OC yet, RPG's now days are not even RPG's any longer.

I am not alone in this opinion either, every one I know who have played BG2 say the same thing, and I even have a friend who never played it but bought it online to play because he hears so many good things about it and is fed up with the games being released today.

Last week I reinstalled BG2 and a few mods that looked interesting and its the most fun I have had at my PC in a very long time. Even when you know what most of the content is going to be ahead of time it is still immensely more intersting then any game coming out today.

So please dont give up on this mod, I will be in line to download it when you are done, if its in a few months or a few years really does not matter though, the way things are going BG2 will still reign over all other current RPG's.

I agree wholeheartedly. I'm a jaded old former games journalist who worked on magazines during the 90s (up until late 2000 when my last mag was sold off to another company and then closed) and has done little bits of freelance since then, but not much.

Back when I first started I was in love with games like Ultima - Ultima VII is one of my favourite games ever, but Ultima VIII was disappointing and I never completed it. The problem, then, was Alone in the Dark had just come out (which was great and ground breaking in its day) and Richard Garriott had been very impressed by it and decided to implement stupid platform jumpy bits, into U8, which, frankly, didn't work.

Doom had also come out and every other game that turned up for review seemed to be a first person shooter. No one was making point and click adventures anymore (I really loved those old LucasArts games, and games like Gabriel Knight) and the few RPGs that turned up were generally rather staid affairs in basic 3D.

Then these funny doctors turned up at my office with a new game. I took one look at it and said "that's the game Ultima VIII should have been."

It was Baldur's Gate.

And so began the affair. :p

I remember going to ECTS (the old UK games trade show) and seeing Neverwinter Nights. I was, honestly, a bit dismayed. 3D? Well, it was OK, but to my eyes it didn't look as nice as BG2. I wrote a long column about how 3D games were killing off 2D games and this was a massive mistake. I still maintain I was right. Nothing has captured my imagination like those IE games (and Fallout of course...Black Isle did little wrong in my view). Even now I look at areas of BG2, such as the underwater city, and think how stunning they look.

I played NWN but didn't really like it. I very much enjoyed Morrowind, but beyond that, nothing has impressed me recently. I spent 7 years buried in Ultima Online (another 2D game - it didn't look nice but the RP opportunities were so far beyond other MMOs it wasn't funny. I was part of the RP community on my server until everyone started leaving and my guild imploded) and have recently emerged to start playing other games again...and have reverted back to IE games again. Thankfully, after umpteen playthroughs of the vanilla games, I've found this modding community and it's breathing a whole new lease of life into the games. I'd say, don't stop. Hell, if UO can still be going after 10 years, albeit with a much smaller audience, then IE games will continue to have a following.

There is nothing else out there for us. Until that changes, this is all we have.

While my initial reaction to 3D was negative - yes, based on NWN1 experience- the 3D came a long way since then, and the games like JE and NWN2 look and feel much better than the 2D games overoll. What they are lacking graphically compared to the best of the IE games, ie IWD series, is a specific artistic style. And JE already tries to accomplish that, and does it successfully. So, honestly, I don't see the point here.

I am also very much in disagreement that 'games are not the same nowadays'. NWN2 despite its obvious drawbacks sports a story that is no better or worse than BG2's, about the same on coherence. JE blows BG2's story out of the water, and its writing is far, far, far better. I'll happily concede the argument that I like BG's gameplay better, but overoll, JE is a much better game in what's important to me department (story, characters, dialogue). NWN2-MotB is about the same.

No, I am not calling you to abandon the old games, and I am not saying that those who want to mod them shouldn't, I just want to register the disagreeiment with the thesis that the new games are worse somehow or not 'true' RPG, or whatever. And to point out just how much the games like NWN2 offer to a modder. Or a mod player.

I would like to try NWN2 - I haven't done so yet as my system needs a lot more RAM to cope (I also have Oblivion sat by my PC waiting for me to upgrade...I only have 500MB at present). Reviews of NWN2 that I've read have generally been quite mixed so I've remained somewhat sceptical, but I am generally quite open-minded. However, there is a move away from PCs to console due to the piracy issue, and that's the main thing that worries me. I've always been a PC gamer, and I really hope they aren't abandonned by the games developers because of this.

I *am* interested to see how Dragon Age turns out...and Fallout 3. Will need a whole new machine for those babies, though, I suspect.

Archived