Stuck at the Docks

Guest Trancing Bear

Guest Trancing Bear

I've surfed the forums and can't see if this has been seen before ...

I tell Aran Linvail I'm ready to set sail for Spellhold. I then get the movie with Imeon caged in Spellhold. The docks area is then loaded ... and nothing happens. I see my characters standing there, but no dialogs. I'm forced to kill the application.

I have a few mods: Ascention, Tortured Souls, Amber, Fade, Saerileth.

Any ideas?

The issue here was that the last cutscene script for Aran at the docks was using the wrong DV to make him disappear. Fixpack changed this by altering the creature's DV, since it was only used for the cutscene. I'm guessing something there--my money's on TS--is overwriting one of the cutscene scripts with the old DV. We can fix this the other way to avoid conflict, namely changing the script to use the listed DV instead.

The issue here was that the last cutscene script for Aran at the docks was using the wrong DV to make him disappear. Fixpack changed this by altering the creature's DV, since it was only used for the cutscene. I'm guessing something there--my money's on TS--is overwriting one of the cutscene scripts with the old DV. We can fix this the other way to avoid conflict, namely changing the script to use the listed DV instead.
That's what I did, but I think it was because it let me drop his patch entirely. One less CRE to worry about!

I think it was originally a 'oh, just a quick DV change' and then one of the alpha testers reported the bug that he wasn't starting dialogue. So, a script patch was added--in hindsight patching the one, other script is, of course, much easier. ;)

I remember. I had to edit the script too (just like we had to here). I don't remember why we changed it to "pparan2"; I think there's a default script using it somewhere (and the cutscene script uses an existing script name, which is why it didn't get flagged).

So we may be damned either way, but I think the other script is probably a safer edit (not to mention easier, as you suggest).

Archived