Aerie and Viconia won't talk to me

Guest Trancing Bear

Guest Trancing Bear

Since my last post was so successful ...

I noticed that when I had Aeria and/or Viconia in my party, they would never speak to me. I check all the usual variables and everything was fine.

To force the issue I set the Lovetalk variable to 2 and then forced the next lovetalk by setting AerieRomance to 1. When I do that I can see Aerie posture as if she's speaking and then go back to a normal stance a second later. I then check Lovetalk and it has advanced to 3. But she never spoke. Same with Viconia.

Note that Jaheira works fine.

Should I suspect the TS mod?

Stuttering like this is usually caused by a script forcing a dialogue, and then finding no valid triggers in the dialogue file. The only condition in the dialogue files that are not present in the script triggers is that Player1 is not asleep, which I would guess is not the case here.

Could you send me baerie.dlg, aerie.bcs, viconia.bcs, and bvicon.dlg out of your override folder? Fixpack makes only minimal changes to both Aerie's and Viconia's romances.

Guest Guest
Stuttering like this is usually caused by a script forcing a dialogue, and then finding no valid triggers in the dialogue file. The only condition in the dialogue files that are not present in the script triggers is that Player1 is not asleep, which I would guess is not the case here.

Could you send me baerie.dlg, aerie.bcs, viconia.bcs, and bvicon.dlg out of your override folder? Fixpack makes only minimal changes to both Aerie's and Viconia's romances.

Hmm, curiously none of those files are in my override directory.

Argh, they've probably been biffed then. (Reason #439873629 for mods to not biff files. :) ) Do you know how to use any of the game editors (NI, DLTCEP, etc.) to extract them?

Guest Trancing Bear

Argh, they've probably been biffed then. (Reason #439873629 for mods to not biff files. :) ) Do you know how to use any of the game editors (NI, DLTCEP, etc.) to extract them?

Sadly no. Alas my skills are limited to ShadowKeeper and the CLUAConsole.

Guest Trancing Bear

For what it's worth I just installed DLTCEP 6.8c. But I'm at a bit of a loss on what to do.

This definitely got lost in the shuffle.

Open up DLTCEP. f you haven't already, run setup. Uncheck 'Read only' from the settings menu. Goto edit > scripts and load the various scripts listed above. The laziest ways to get them out would just be to do a 'Save as' and save them somewhere convenient. Repeat for the dialogue files. Zip 'em up and email me at webmaster@gibberlings3.net.

Archived