Dynahier quest no starting

Lasivern

When I meet Drizzt and have the Gnoll fight with Dynahier and Minsc in the party - nothing happens. He slaughters the Gnolls, buzzes around until I initiate dialog and then he thanks me and leaves.

I tried this from a number of save game files, waiting for him to chat after the fight [nothing happens at all] and by initiating dialog with the protagonist, Minsc or Dynahier.

In all cases, his only response is to thank me and leave.

I'm playing with the latest version of EasyTuTu with the TuTufix v.17. Only other not stock component is the one for modifying kits of the NPCs [probably called NPCKits or something] ;) So if it matters, she is a Sorceress, not an Invoker...

You know, I think I know what the problem is...

Drizzt kills *all* the gnolls, right? Without <CHARNAME>'s help?

I think the only way you can get the "friendly response" is if you actively help Drizzt. The condition to get the whole dialogue tree that has Drizzt response 10, which is the way to start the quest, is to help him.

if you get the response "Had you joined the battle, I would know whether you are well met or not. As it is, I will simply take my leave, and avoid the issue altogether. You are one of the few who can say your meeting with Drizzt Do'Urden was uneventful, as friend or foe." then you can't start the quest.

The response that should set him up for the quest, and not have him leave the area, is "Well met, friend. Luck be on your side."

If he does leave the are after that, you could try setting the quest start manually, just after the last gnoll dies. It might be a little odd (you may have two out of order conversations):

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("X#DynaJournal","GLOBAL",1)

The idea is that the PC must actively support Drizzt and attract his attention as a "good guy" before he is willing to open up about finding journal pages.

You know, I think I know what the problem is...

Drizzt kills *all* the gnolls, right? Without <CHARNAME>'s help?

Well... no. It varies of course, but I certainly killed some of the gnolls in some of the fights [i did this multiple times]. What it might be is that most if not all of the gnolls I killed were killed before Drizzt appeared - so it could be that he never saw me kill any of them, or that I didn't kill any after he greets me. A few more tries in my next game I guess, since I had moved on after so many retries... I always agree to help him though.

I think the only way you can get the "friendly response" is if you actively help Drizzt. The condition to get the whole dialogue tree that has Drizzt response 10, which is the way to start the quest, is to help him.

if you get the response "Had you joined the battle, I would know whether you are well met or not. As it is, I will simply take my leave, and avoid the issue altogether. You are one of the few who can say your meeting with Drizzt Do'Urden was uneventful, as friend or foe." then you can't start the quest.

Never ever got that response.

The response that should set him up for the quest, and not have him leave the area, is "Well met, friend. Luck be on your side."

If he does leave the are after that, you could try setting the quest start manually, just after the last gnoll dies. It might be a little odd (you may have two out of order conversations):

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("X#DynaJournal","GLOBAL",1)

The idea is that the PC must actively support Drizzt and attract his attention as a "good guy" before he is willing to open up about finding journal pages.

I'll pass on the CluaConsole, haven't had it installed since day one and don't intend to do so anytime soon. Stubborn cuss I know. >laffs<

Thanks for the help, it's appreciated. :)

I will take a look (we are recoding the whole project to make some stuff work better) but if you got the "Well met, friend. Luck be on your side.", then something is definitely stopping the quest from starting. If you have an earlier save, please drop it on me at svowles at comcast dot net for research purposes, and if you start up another game, please PM me; I can set you up with an internal test version and help troubleshoot the start of the quest!

I will take a look (we are recoding the whole project to make some stuff work better) but if you got the "Well met, friend. Luck be on your side.", then something is definitely stopping the quest from starting. If you have an earlier save, please drop it on me at svowles at comcast dot net for research purposes, and if you start up another game, please PM me; I can set you up with an internal test version and help troubleshoot the start of the quest!

Will do, thanks for the assist. Perhaps I'll run one where I actually romance Dynahier - kill two birds with one stone so to speak.

Unfortunately, I don't have an earlier save game, I am pretty ruthless about overwriting my files but *next* time... for sure. :)

Archived