BGII mod compatability list?

Guest ShadowDragoon

Guest ShadowDragoon

I've been looking around everywhere for a mod compatability list for Baldur's Gate II, and I've yet to find one. I thought I'd find one here, considering this is where I found the Tutu mod compatability list I used, but nope. There isn't one for just BGII.

I know that most mods should work together, but I'm worried about installation order screwing up my game. I followed the guide for Tutu, and I still managed to get a ton of items with wrong descriptions (thinks like "Stand away, citizen!" and, on my arrows, "Every crime must be punished!").

I'm most likely not going to be using a lot of the mods from BGTutu on BGII (mostly because I don't want to deal with things getting screwed up), and I was hoping there was something out there to help me get things set up straight.

I've been looking around everywhere for a mod compatability list for Baldur's Gate II, and I've yet to find one. I thought I'd find one here, considering this is where I found the Tutu mod compatability list I used, but nope. There isn't one for just BGII.

I know that most mods should work together, but I'm worried about installation order screwing up my game. I followed the guide for Tutu, and I still managed to get a ton of items with wrong descriptions (thinks like "Stand away, citizen!" and, on my arrows, "Every crime must be punished!").

I'm rather fond the thread that was started over at the Pocket Plane Group forum here.

There are a lot of tips regarding the installation order of the mods, which affects their compatibility. If there was one thing I'd have to say, is to follow the rule of thumb: Fixpacks/Quest Mods/NPC mods/Tweak Mods in that order.

Another good thread to check out is one on recommended mods.

Hope this helps! :)

Guest Guest

Thanks a lot for the help! That pretty much tells me all I needed to know. Now, I just need to figure out what the mods I downloaded are. The names are far too cryptic sometimes. :)

The problem with BG2 is that there are a lot of different things that you can do to it that change everything.

If you go for big mods/total conversions/partial conversions, they have their own unique installation orders that really supercede anything that would be suggested here. I wouldn't want to hazard a guess at any installation order that involves BGT, for example, although I'm probalby going to be trying my own BGT installation soon, just to give it a shot so I know what the hells I'm talking about. I also wouldn't want to make any recommendations for an installation that included NEJ, BP, or anything like that.

There are also a lot of mods that just don't play nice together, and some that require mods that others forbid, etc.

In other words, find your biggest mod, then go forward from there.

Sorry, the 'guest' post up there was me. Usually message board sites track your IP and, when you register, convert all the 'guest' posts you made to be from you. Oh well...

But, I think just about all of the mods I've downloaded have been mentioned in the "Recommended Mods" list that Eleima pointed me to. I don't think I'll have much of a problem with them. Thanks again! :)

Archived