Ashideena, Borok's Fist graphics

Isn't IHAMM05 the unbelievably ugly one? I say just leave it alone.

Isn't it kinda more about whether this was the intended graphic? Anyway, compares are attached--Ashideena at left, Borok's Fist at right.

ashideena.jpg

No, it's ugly. Sorry!

Specifically, the hammer icon is really washed (as opposed to all the others with better contrast and more distinct detailing and crisp coloring), and the shadow is borderline unacceptable. When used, it really stands out as particularly bad compared to just about every single other item icon in SoA.

Just as CamDawg said, it shouldn't be a matter of aesthetics but developer's intentions. After all, the whole fixpack philosophy pursues that all throughout it. I trust devSin's opinion about the BAM being qualitatively poor (and it wouldn't be the first case whatsoever) but still the right association should be restored...

Bollocks. If "filename X" exists and follows "pattern Y," it must have been developer intent to use it; it MUST have been! I don't subscribe to this logic at all. Maybe the intent was to remove it because it's so hideous? But no one seems to think about that...

Like I said, do whatever you want, but don't expect me to agree or incorporate the "fix" locally.

I think if Ellesime's clone was restored in Irenicus dungeon, and so was the original item for the Mace of Destruction(+5) - and many others, then the hammer probably follows the pattern, and should be restored, too, no? I mean, if it was developer intent to leave the hammer as it looks now, then letting the clone have a generic elven female avatar was their intent, too - following this logic.

Which I subscribe to. I have never, ever been happy about the Ellesime thing.

The mace of disruption was just broken. We restore some amulet icons (at my instigation), so it's not like I'm opposed to the whole idea, but I just think it's reasonable in this case to assume that they saw the icon and decided not to use it.

I don't subscribe to the view that we HAVE to fix every issue. If the result of a fix is worse than the original state, why change it? There's no harm in mysteriously not getting round to fixing some issues.

I'm not a fan of Ellesime's avatar being changed either.

I don't subscribe to the view that we HAVE to fix every issue. If the result of a fix is worse than the original state, why change it? There's no harm in mysteriously not getting round to fixing some issues.

I'm not a fan of Ellesime's avatar being changed either.

Once I found figured out that the clone was supposed to be Ellesime, it bothered me that the clone looked nothing like her. I'm okay with that change.

If the warhammer is that ugly, make it an OBC component. Beauty is after all in the eye of the beholder. I'm feeling death ray today. How about you?

Archived